Chapala.com Webboard

Internet down

bournemouth

Our internet has been coming and going for some days now - it's more going than coming.  We acquired a new modem from Mercado Libre, thinking that might be the problem - but, no, that is not the solution.  Recently I read on Chap.com. recommendations for a couple of people who had worked for Telmex and now do repairs privately, but I failed to keep that information and cannot come up with it through searching.  If you know who they are, I would really appreciate getting their contact information.  Can you tell I don't have a lot of faith in calling Mexico City and getting a timely response? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Bournemouth--I very recently had a very good experience (yes!) with the local Telmex office when my internet went off. My computer repair person said the problem seemed to be a bad modem. Since I hate calling Mex City Telmex for help, I took the modem directly to our Ajijic Telmex place hoping to be given a replacement (but not really expecting to get one).

The woman at one of the service desks listened to my story and said she doubted it was the modem. However she offered her own modem for me to try at home. She knew it worked. She also asked if my phone was working. Oh, yes, I said. Then, I wondered, did I have phone service? Neither the computer repair person nor I had actually checked.  I got home and picked up landline and I had no dial tone. Back to Telmex. I returned her modem. She herself put in a complaint order for phone repair. This was on a Friday.Telmex repair person came on Monday, fixed the problem. Phone back in action. Internet back. Nothing wrong with the modem.

So give Telmex office a try. I'm the second person on the this website reporting a favorable story about Telmex Ajijic office in recent days. So hurry.

Lexy

1 hour ago, Lexy said:

Bournemouth--I very recently had a very good experience (yes!) with the local Telmex office when my internet went off. My computer repair person said the problem seemed to be a bad modem. Since I hate calling Mex City Telmex for help, I took the modem directly to our Ajijic Telmex place hoping to be given a replacement (but not really expecting to get one).

The woman at one of the service desks listened to my story and said she doubted it was the modem. However she offered her own modem for me to try at home. She knew it worked. She also asked if my phone was working. Oh, yes, I said. Then, I wondered, did I have phone service? Neither the computer repair person nor I had actually checked.  I got home and picked up landline and I had no dial tone. Back to Telmex. I returned her modem. She herself put in a complaint order for phone repair. This was on a Friday.Telmex repair person came on Monday, fixed the problem. Phone back in action. Internet back. Nothing wrong with the modem.

So give Telmex office a try. I'm the second person on the this website reporting a favorable story about Telmex Ajijic office in recent days. So hurry.

Lexy

Thanks Lexy - we do have phone service, it's just the internet that is bad.  We can manage without a phone but not without internet!

UPDATE:  I have to add a positive comment for Telmex.   Once I realized the problem was more than us,  I did call CDMX and report it (failing to get through to an English speaker) - the very pleasant rep who took the complaint and gave me a report number, said it would be fixed within 3 days.  Eye rolling on my behalf at that but today things are much better, it's been down a couple of times and this afternoon we received a call from a local Telmex number asking how things were and upon hearing that we had been dropped a couple of times,  the rep said they would continue refiguring the line.  Since that time all has been well - fingers crossed of course.  A far better level of service than used to be received in the past.  Thank you Telmex.

Archived