Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex excellent service!

Natasha

For the last 4 weeks our internet service in San Antonio has been spotty ---  mostly causing problems with the android TV box (uses WiFi) but also in some cases on my desktop (direct connection). Called the 1-800 number and got  Spanish speaker. Asked him to speak slowly as I speak Spanish but have problems hearing it well on the phone. His reply was  "we can speak English if you like!" and so we did.

Explained what had been happening, how often I was resetting modem, etc.  He did some diagnostics over the phone, said the problem was not the modem, and when could they come out? We discussed available times over the next three days, he gave me a report number, and later I got a confirmation folio number via cell phone.

One day later he was here!  Explained the problem.  First he went on the roof to check connections there.  Then connection on main floor outside. Then came inside and checked phone outlet (1) and modem outlet (one). Applied diagnostic equipment at all locations.  Told me he he had already checked the underground cables serving our street on his way over. We found no problems. 

But when he learned we have had this modem for over 7 years (surprised look on his face) he immediately went out and brought in a new one. And made sure to tell me that if things don't resolve, to call back and they would look further into the problem "closer to the source".

And THEN..... he proceeded to help me change the WPA number on my new cell phone (NOT a techie!!) and on the TV as well.  Now THAT'S service!!

Archived