Chapala.com Webboard

Ticket infraction radar photo

Plumeau1

When you receive it in your mail box by snail mail about a month after it is overdue

do you just pay the fine on the ticket at the bank or you must pay all of the order charges that are shown on the movidad internet site !?!?

The first one I received in the mail was about a week overdue. I paid at a bank and just had to pay the fine.

The last one I got I never received anything in the mail. I only found out I had one when I went to renew my car tags. By then it was months overdue but I only had to pay the fine. You are lucky to receive the information in the mail so at least you know when and where it occurred. Since on the last one I got I never received the ticket I didn't know exactly when and where it happened. To find out I would have to go to Guadalajara and spend hours at their office. So I was never certain if it was legitimate.

On the highway that circle from the airport to Tonalá, never much traffic but many photo radars, always wandered if they really worked...

guess i have my answer now

95 kms in a 80 kms zone...

according to the ticket received, they allow a margin of + 10 kms.

56 minutes ago, Plumeau1 said:

When you receive it in your mail box by snail mail about a month after it is overdue

do you just pay the fine on the ticket at the bank or you must pay all of the order charges that are shown on the movidad internet site !?!?

I assume that the ticket was for a traffic violation not speeding on the highway, since it is my understanding that this is no longer in existence. 

21 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

I assume that the ticket was for a traffic violation not speeding on the highway, since it is my understanding that this is no longer in existence. 

It was for going over the speed limit, 95 kms in a 80 kms zone.

The link below will show you whether you have any infractions against your vehicle.  Is good to check every month or so, depending upon how many times you go to GDL.  If you just drive around Lakeside, you will know when you get a ticket from the officer that gives it to you.  On this website, all you have to do is put in the number of your license plate and the last five numbers of the serial number of your car.  Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, blankletmusic said:

Just curious - how much is the fine  for 95kms in an 80km zone?

403 pesos or or about $29.00 cad

but the date limit to pay it at the bank was August 24th, but I received it yesterday!?!?!?

talking about 🐌 mail...

so this morning after being turn down at Bancomer because it was over the due date

i went to the office of Recaudadora at 306  calle DegoLlado in Chapala and the fine had double to 806.00 pesos.

Lesson learn...photo radars might be working.

1 minute ago, Ezzie said:

Most "photo radar" tickets are for about 95 in an 80.  Who knows if the cameras even work!!

In my cas on that day...yes it was...beautiful photo of the back of my car and license plate proof it.

so next time you go to Tonalá using the deserted highway ( no traffic) from the airport to Tonalá... beware!!!

Archived