Chapala.com Webboard

Few Items needed to help a Friend

Zeb

A friend of ours has just moved into a Mexican style house. She really has no funds to spend.   I am trying to help her.  If anyone can donate anything, we'd appreciate it.  She is in need of organizational type items such as shelving, plastic organizers, etc.  The bathrooms, kitchen and closets are lacking shelving, drawer, etc..  If you can think of anything that would help organize those spaces, that would be great.  Her things are on the floor at the moment.  You get the idea.

Ok.  I have a thing or two.  What about her family aren't they able to help?  How did she end up by herself?  Are there children involved? Do you need blanket or towels? 

8 minutes ago, solajijic said:

Ok.  I have a thing or two.  What about her family aren't they able to help?  How did she end up by herself?  Are there children involved? Do you need blanket or towels? 

Thank you for responding.  She is in her 70's and alone here.  People end up alone for so many reasons.  I don't really think that's important in this case.  Her children live in the US.  She is just on very limited income and it is hard when you move into a rental and so many things are missing.  The previous tenant even took the gas tank, light fixtures, etc.  It is really hard to find an inexpensive rental when you have limited funds here and this is what she could find, which puts her in the position of having to buy things one would normally expect to be in a rental, even an unfurnished one.  She is having to do some fix up in a house she does not own, and funds for that were not in the budget.  She has linens, etc.

The biggest problem is lack of cabinetry and storage type items so she can put things away.  Imagine closets, bathroom vanities, and kitchen with no shelving.  What a mess.  The front door lock is also an issue as anyone can put their hand through the gate and open it from the inside. 

She could use some paint for a couple of areas to replace the dark colors. 

7 hours ago, Zeb said:

Thank you for responding.  She is in her 70's and alone here.  People end up alone for so many reasons.  I don't really think that's important in this case.  Her children live in the US.  She is just on very limited income and it is hard when you move into a rental and so many things are missing.  The previous tenant even took the gas tank, light fixtures, etc.  It is really hard to find an inexpensive rental when you have limited funds here and this is what she could find, which puts her in the position of having to buy things one would normally expect to be in a rental, even an unfurnished one.  She is having to do some fix up in a house she does not own, and funds for that were not in the budget.  She has linens, etc.

The biggest problem is lack of cabinetry and storage type items so she can put things away.  Imagine closets, bathroom vanities, and kitchen with no shelving.  What a mess.  The front door lock is also an issue as anyone can put their hand through the gate and open it from the inside. 

She could use some paint for a couple of areas to replace the dark colors. 

How and where can one donate ?  I have a few things. The idea of the plastic cabinets is really a good one. 

15 hours ago, Newjersey expat said:

How and where can one donate ?  I have a few things. The idea of the plastic cabinets is really a good one. 

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Here is her contact information:

Linda 331.699.0914

On 9/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, suegarn said:

Zeb, I hope your friend appreciates what you are doing for her.  Many of us have ended up alone (usually quite suddenly due to death), and have to soldier on the best we can with very limited funds, because we have no choice.  I hope that she finds her strength.

7e2b3061c9b38cbfb704819e66de9c2b.jpg

So very accurate.

Archived