Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Mexico Questions

franky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Franky... this is the list of results for Yucatan Forums...

https://www.google.com.mx/search?source=hp&ei=2O-3W7GyFoTksAXK_LHoDg&q=yucatan+expat+forum&oq=Yucatan+foru&gs_l=psy-ab.1.5.0j0i22i30k1l9.2880.16701.0.28435.13.12.0.0.0.0.474.1868.0j11j4-1.12.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.12.1864.0..35i39k1.0.iUVcPA_-Sgo

Pick a few and ask your questions there because what happens in the Yucatan is entirely different than what would happen here. This forum is located just south of Guadalajara.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.  Im the original poster of this thread.  I could not reset my password because i do not recall the email i used to register here.  So can a mod close that account or message me the email that i used for that one?

Well im back in mexico now and am trying to order from amazon.mx.  When i made the purchase, i got the email that my order has been made on my email account related to amazon.  Then a bit later, i got email from amazon that said payment declined.  Then i received an email from my bank that said we notice suspicious transactions and it ask me if its okay or not.  I then clicked yes and i had to reenter my payment method of the same capital one debit card on amazon mexico.  After i did this, i went back to my amazon mexico account and changed my payment method back to the capital one debit card.  But when i did this, not long later... i get same information.. payment declined.  I then put it again.. same thing.  I finally decided to change it to my bank of america credit card.  The issue though is i did this last night.  But when i click on track my package, nothing has happened.  This is normal right

Because the  last time i made a purchase on amazon mexico, which wasn't that long ago and it was my first time, it was for a small electronic device.  I had used my bank of america credit card instead... i had same issue...   got email from amazon.mx that my payment method had been declined.  i then got email from bank of america around that time me telling me they notice suspicious activity in my account and if i made this purchase.  I clicked yes.  After i did this, i reentered my bank of america credit card information to update payment.   Then not long later, i notice that the item has shipped and i believe there was  a tracking number from amx... its that little white va.  After i did this, i received the item few days later.  They called me and i gave them my address and location... i previously put down the dhl address but they apparenty don't do that.  

So right now do i just wait?  Because when i made the purchase yesterday, it says it will be here early next week.  I just did the regular shipping so i dont have to pay shipping costs so 4-5 day shipping.  But it still hasn't been packaged yet?   But as long as i used my credit card which worked last time... this should be fine right?  Last time i got item in 2 days i believe because shipping was either 2 or 3 days... and it was practically close to same price.

What debit/credit card do you guys use to order from amazon.mx?  Anyone here used a debit card before?  Anyone used capital one debit card?   I like capital one debit card because when i withdraw cash from atm here... theres no foreign exchange fee etc.  So because of that, thats why i decided to use my debit card to make purchase on amazon.mx instead of bank of america credit card b/c they charge 3 percent.  First time i used bank of america credit card because the item i bought was under 30 dollars.  But this one cost a bit more.  But as of now, i already changed payment to bank of america credit card.  So should everything be fine?  What worries me is i dont want an issue where my order gets cancelled and then i have to make order again.  That item i bought, there was only 1 in stock or so. 

When i check my bank of america account online, it does show amazon mx and pending on it for that amount.  So that should be fine?  Only thing that im thinking of is because i picked longer shipping time which is why the order hasn't been shipped yet right?  Im just worried that the order gets cancelled... then i can't order the item again because its the last one.

Does anyone know if amazon mexico has a phone number where i could speak to them in english on this issue?  Or this is fine and how it works if you order something and it says 4-5 day shipping.  

As of now  when i click on the order details, there is one check mark that i ordered it yesterday.  There is 3 more boxes below that is unchecked.  But because my shipping takes close to 1 week, thats why the enviado is not checked right?  Last time when i ordered with 2 day shipping, i recalled it checked enviado the same day or early next day etc.

Also im assuming i didn't receive that suspicious activity email again from my bank of america for a purchase with my credit card because i did a purchase not that long ago right?  Im also curious if anyone here has capital one debit card and ever used it for amazon.mx and if they had any issues?  Or does everyone here use a credit card for purchase.

Also last time i tried to get a free month of amazon prime but i got message it did not work.  The reason is because my credit card is not a mexican one right?  Thus you can only get a prime membership free trial only if your credit card is mexican?  I saw no point of getting it because i didn't plan to use amazon mexico much at all.

Thanks.

FrankyOP,  Amazon.com.mx will send you a notice and a tracking number when your package has shipped.

I frequently use both Amazon.com and Amazon.com.mx.  I have Prime on both accounts, and I use a USA-based DEBIT card to pay for my purchases.  

• 3 weeks later...

I do not understand the "Trolling" comment. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. What brings me here is I too wish to try amazon mex. I do not have a smart phone just this old lapto[ that has been "cleaned" here in Mexico. Hence it now has Windows 7 in espanol. I have an Amazon US account, once I log into Mex Amazon with US ID I would do what to get it into English?

Anyone know who might know and have the patience to explain it to me

would be greatly appreciated

I have had Amazon US shipments sent to me through a re mail service. It is a little protracted due to having to send the invoice to the remail at the border in order to pasy the taxes and then there is some additional shipping charges in addition to the base fee of having an address/PO box. Prices through Amazon Mex seem higher but the process would seem simpler. In reality 

are there advantages to one mode over the other?

Again I am confused about "masterclss in trolling" comment

Thank you.

Wow, you guys are really mean. I read all the post to that guy Frankie. I thought a troll was someone mean. I withdraw my question. i do not want you to call me a bunch of names and critize

me for asking a question. For some reason I thought that was what this forum was about. So, you guys have a nice day and forget I asked for help. I don't think I deserve the Freddy treatment and neither did Freddy.

Have a nice day. Forgive me for writing.

Yes, for those with an interest in lakeside to discuss general topics about Mexico. There are other forums, I'm sure, for other areas. Of course, no one is restricted from asking questions, but the likelihood of getting a proper response is slim.

I just ordered a set of dishes from Amazon Mexico on a Wednesday night, using a US credit card. The cc company sent me an e-mail asking if this was my transaction. I clicked "yes." AmazonMx sent me an e-mail that the order was received and I would get my package the following Tuesday. I received an e-mail the following day (Thursday) informing me that I would received my package on Friday. When the package was shipped they informed me and I could track it's movement. It was delivered on Friday evening.

I ordered something from Amazon MX and was told it would arrive between October 25 and November 7, still waiting. Turns out someone changed my zip code to one in Tonala, this is the second time this has happened, the last time it went to Veracruz. Checked my order and the address is correct. Corrected the zip, still waiting. Thankfully I can do without the items for a bit.

Archived