Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Mexico Questions

franky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, franky said:

... what are you talking about?

Let's say you weren't trying to troll, okay?  In that case, it would be a good idea to strive for a little more simplicity and clarity in posts, lest you be mistaken for a troll trying to create confusion.

Peace.🖖

What are you talking about?  I know what trolling is.  Exactly what am i doing to troll?  I asked last time about amazon mexico such as if you had to create a new account if you had a us account etc.  I eventually ordered the product and received it in a few days.  It was a tiny electronic device and they did not ship it to the DHL office which i put as the address.  I have ordered from mercado libre before twice and put dhl office and each time it showed there, i bring my id there and picked it up no issue.

When i received the small electronic item i bought from amazon, the guy called my telcel number but i did not respond because i thought it was spam etc.  Then i got a text message and they mentioned amazon so i text them back in spanish using google translate and they called me again.  That person spoke some english on the phone and they asked for my address.  I gave them it and mentioned it was near a so and so hostel.  Then he said once he gets here, he gives me phone call.  He does that and i show him my id and signed for it and got my package.

If i was trolling, would i know all this information?  Because im going to back to mexico in a bit so i wanted to order an item right now while in the US, and when i get back to Mexico, then the item would arrive say in a day or two.  But if i wait till i get back to mexico to order it, i have to wait like 5-6 days for the item and i don't want to wait that long.  So i wanted to know what would happen if i order the item on amazon mexico now while in the us and then fly back to mexico in a short bit.  But then i do not and say i dont go back till a bit later.  Such that if that is the case, i cant pick up my package and what will happen to it.  Someone said they would come 3 times etc and once they do that, they have it sent back to some location.  But i want to know, would they ever ship it back to amazon mexico.  Because in the us when you buy something like a big thing like monitor or tv, if you aren't there to receive package few times, i m pretty certain they return it back to amazon if say its ups etc.  With usps they leave the package at a local place but the thing is if its a big item like monitor or tv... i dont think they do that.  So i like to know what happens if i am not there to pick up my monitor etc.   Would they eventually have it sent back to amazon and i get a refund back to my american debit/credit card.

The simple truth is, Franky, you are asking a zillion questions about some situations that probably have never happened to most people. And if they did, who can remember most of the details? You are also describing them as if you were having a conversation face to face, and it is very difficult to follow everything. Plus, you have gone way past what I personally would consider reasonable questions, because who the hell knows? It depends on the day, the place, the item, the courier, and who knows what else. It' s at that exact point that you have to be ready to take some of this on yourself and see what happens. Like the rest of us typically do.

So it would be great if you run into any of these problems, you tell us what happened next, so we can prepare, too. Remember always that this is Mexico, and basically... there are no rules.

Well im sure this has happened to some of you in the US right?  Thus imagine you have a brand new tv coming in and you have it shipped to your place via amazon from UPS and you are not home and it require signature.  Then they do again next day and you are not home because you are at work or whatnot and figure they might come after 5pm etc.  Thus if this happens, i believe amazon us would just have them send the tv back and you would just a refund right?  

But im curious how this would work in Mexico.  I mean surely ppl bought something but let say it takes a week or two to arrive.  But say they aren't at home during that time.  What happens to  the item eventually... like does it get sent back to amazon mexico or whatnot.  Now if its small package, i can imagine it being sent to a post office?  But imagine a big tv... i cant imagine that...

Well i asked you guys what happens when i buy from amazon mexico and i give them dhl office.  Then i mentioned they actually called and texted me and tell me to give them the address so they come and call me and i go down and pick item up and sign it.  Well i want to keep it simple but the thing is i dont want to get to mexico and then order the item... which will take at least a week minimum to receive.  Thus i wanted to order it say a few days before i leave the US, then when i get to Mexico, it comes in a day or two etc.  Yes i know there are like no rules and things are not like in the US where things are much more simpler when ordering things.

20 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

I would suggest the KISS approach.

Indeed.  If I understand the dilemma, Franky would be well advised to get one of the mail services such as HandyMail or Ishop or any other that can accept packages for him.  Then he doesn't have to worry about being anywhere and can pick up his purchase there.

Yes, it happened to some in the U.S., in Canada, and here. But it is different in every single situation, and this Webboard is not chock-a-block full of people who have had the multiple experiences you are trying to fathom.

Repeating the same questions in numerous different ways is not helping, either. Those that can help, have helped already to the extent they can. Take a chance!

2 hours ago, bournemouth said:

Franky - where are you located?  You might do well to ask these questions in the area in which you reside.  There is no point in us telling you about local solutions when you are somewhere else.

More specifically, where in MEXICO. We can only give you our experiences in the Chapala/Ajijic area since that is where THIS forum and its members are located.

16 hours ago, franky said:

Well im sure this has happened to some of you in the US right?  Thus imagine you have a brand new tv coming in and you have it shipped to your place via amazon from UPS and you are not home and it require signature.  Then they do again next day and you are not home because you are at work or whatnot and figure they might come after 5pm etc.  Thus if this happens, i believe amazon us would just have them send the tv back and you would just a refund right?  

But im curious how this would work in Mexico.  I mean surely ppl bought something but let say it takes a week or two to arrive.  But say they aren't at home during that time.  What happens to  the item eventually... like does it get sent back to amazon mexico or whatnot.  Now if its small package, i can imagine it being sent to a post office?  But imagine a big tv... i cant imagine that...

Well i asked you guys what happens when i buy from amazon mexico and i give them dhl office.  Then i mentioned they actually called and texted me and tell me to give them the address so they come and call me and i go down and pick item up and sign it.  Well i want to keep it simple but the thing is i dont want to get to mexico and then order the item... which will take at least a week minimum to receive.  Thus i wanted to order it say a few days before i leave the US, then when i get to Mexico, it comes in a day or two etc.  Yes i know there are like no rules and things are not like in the US where things are much more simpler when ordering things.

Franky, your basic premise is flawed.  When I order from Amazon.com.mx, my purchase often arrives at my home in Mexico in a day or two, not in a week or two.  Same if I order from Amazon.com--a day or two, not a week or two.  

Because I ship packages daily in Mexico I can tell you with DHL or FeEx they take it back to the office. Depending on delivery location they may not make a second attempt. If you use the tracking number you can register for texts or emails with satus updates. This is a worldwide service with both. Both have customer service phone numbers. Communicate with the carrier and they are happy to help.

1 hour ago, More Liana said:

Franky, your basic premise is flawed.  When I order from Amazon.com.mx, my purchase often arrives at my home in Mexico in a day or two, not in a week or two.  Same if I order from Amazon.com--a day or two, not a week or two.  

I average an order a week from Amazon.com.mx using Prime; some imported items have a 6 to 9 day delivery time.  

Just now, Mostlylost said:

Because I ship packages daily in Mexico I can tell you with DHL or FeEx they take it back to the office. Depending on delivery location they may not make a second attempt. If you use the tracking number you can register for texts or emails with satus updates. This is a worldwide service with both. Both have customer service phone numbers. Communicate with the carrier and they are happy to help.

For a few orders via MercadoLibre that shipped DHL the driver either could not locate HandyMail (or chose not to) and instead left it at the Ajijic DHL office from which I fetched them.  Each time, DHL emailed me the delivery "exception" and gave me the option of getting it or them trying to re-deliver the next day.  

I finally filed a request with Google maps to add HandyMail to their map, which they did.  

Moreliana,    here is an example of an item that took 6 to 9 days from Amazon.com.mx

Compara precios en Amazon
$128.54 
Vendedor: Amazon México

Pasa el mouse encima de la imagen para aplicar zoom

Intech Ti-Cabretta - Guante de golf para mujer, Blanco/Rosado, Mediana

Precio: $280.21 Pueden aplicarse tarifas de importación al finalizar la compra.

Entrega GRATIS 6-9 días

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I have received Fedex DHL Redpak and Estafeta weekly for many years using Handymail. Never a problem.

I had 3 orders from DHL in the course of 3 weeks that never made it to HandyMail.  New driver???  Substitute driver??  Quien sabe.

Only one experience with Estafeta and while it worked out ok, their tracking delivery date was one day LATER than its arrival.  And I had looked at just an hour before it arrived.  It was a bulky heavy order and we had it delivered to our home and luckily we were home when it unexpectedly arrived early!  

9 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I would check how you have your address listed. I have received DHL packages almost every week at HM for the last 5 years.

Your ad should be:

Jane Doe C/O HANDYMAIL

159C Carr Chapala-Jocotepc 159C

San Antonio Tlayacapan Chapala Jal 45922

Oh, I get them now.  Just that 3 week period where they couldn't/wouldn't find HandyMail.  Using same address as always.   

I ordered this book from Amazon.com.mx on Sept 30.  It was shipped from the USA on Oct 1 and arrived yesterday, to my door.  The last thing I ordered from Amazon.com.mx also shipped from the USA and got here in two days.  As in everything else, it depends.  On what, I'm not quite sure.

Reminds me of the old limerick:

"There was a young lady named Bright
Whose speed was far faster than light;
She set out one day
In a relative way
And returned on the previous night."

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/1909487783/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15 minutes ago, More Liana said:

I ordered this book from Amazon.com.mx on Sept 30.  It was shipped from the USA on Oct 1 and arrived yesterday, to my door.  The last thing I ordered from Amazon.com.mx also shipped from the USA and got here in two days.  As in everything else, it depends.  On what, I'm not quite sure.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/1909487783/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The difference could very well be that your are in CDMX and I am in a backwater lakeside village 😎    Likely there are more Amazon-laden flights from the US to MEX versus GDL.

23 hours ago, gringal said:

Indeed.  If I understand the dilemma, Franky would be well advised to get one of the mail services such as HandyMail or Ishop or any other that can accept packages for him.  Then he doesn't have to worry about being anywhere and can pick up his purchase there.

I can't speak spanish at all...

23 hours ago, bournemouth said:

Franky - where are you located?  You might do well to ask these questions in the area in which you reside.  There is no point in us telling you about local solutions when you are somewhere else.

yucatan area

7 hours ago, More Liana said:

Someone else mentioned this as well.  Certain items don't come that quickly.  Last time i bought an electronic device very tiny... it did get here in 2 days though.  Also do you have amazon prime?  I do but only for the US and not mexico.  The item that i was looking at, it says it takes 5-6 days.  Well you could get it in 2 days but you have to pay a lot in shipping.  I could get it shipping for free. 

So i wanted to know would it be fine if i order it say a few days before i leave the US so when i get to mexico, then it would be here in a day or two as oppose to up to 6 days.  The thing is if im not there to get the package, i wanted to know if eventually the package would get returned back to amazon mexico or not or would it stay in some office.  And if it does, wouldn't they eventually have to send the package back to mexico?  Example in the US, if you aren't home to receive your package a few times, they send it to the postal office.  But if you don't pick it up after x amount, im pretty certain they send it back to the sender.  Can someone correct me if im wrong here?  So if i order say a big monitor or tv or just anything from amazon mexico and you aren't there and dont go pick it up, what happens to that item?  I cant imagine it stays in some office for more than x amount of time because wouldnt they have to send it back is my question.

Archived