Chapala.com Webboard

Access to this board from my laptop

jhark

First I would go to

http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html  on whatever computer and then I would go to the top right of the screen where it says "Existing user? sign in. I would  left click on sign in and then when the user name pops up, I would enter johanson and below where it asks for my password, I would type in my password and then left click below on the sign in label and I would be signed in. It works for me every time.

I am also having the same problem.....when I bring up the webpage on my Chromebook the page is frozen.  I have tried all the 'fixes' above and nothing works.  No problem on my phone tho.  ? ?

Could this possibly be a Google problem.  I downloaded another Browser and was able to access.  This is crazy!!!  

Yes things are slow here that is for sure. I found using internet explorer 11 to help. But there have been those days that no matter what one did things would just freeze or sometimes not even respond to the  command at all.  At least things are almost always working for me these days, even if it is slower than on any other forum or Facebook that I post on..

EDIT: Something is wrong here, or should I say right?   I just pushed Submit Reply at the bottom right of the page. And it posted immediately.  How pleasantly strange :) 

Everyone note: it is the fault of chapala.com and whatever software they are using, not YOU. I can't access it from Firefox on my PC anymore, but can from Chrome. It's a problem with however their security setup reacts to individual IP addresses and software. Yesterday I tried to log in from a friend's PC that I had used the day before, and I was told I was barred for 15 minutes. The week before the same PC told me it didn't recognize my password. At the same time, my tablet had no problem logging in.

The timeout message indicated in Colibri's post was not actually a time out in the standard way; it was because the server wouldn't do a proper handshake with that computer, due to the same software issues.

The whole scenario is getting pretty old. Chapala.com knows of the problem, and it affects their main real estate too. Two weeks plus is a very long time to not get the problem fixed.

Archived