Chapala.com Webboard

Long stay in Ajijic

beaniehat

Hi all,

I hail from down under currently - a former world traveller having lived in Asia, Europe and Australia, I considered Mexico as a place to check out for perhaps future retirement place. 

I am planning to visit Ajijic for a month, mid-Sep - mid-Oct thereabouts. I have some questions regards:

1. MMA/ Muay Thai/ Boxing gym. I use to compete in Boxing (& MT) at amateur level have immense interest in MMA - could love recommendations of a good gym

2. How to make friends - I am late 30s, would love to know the places to meet new friends. I have vast interest, can play music, paint, I'm quite out-doorsy and athletic. I can speak English and Mandarin fluently and Spanish very poorly - I'm planning to speak better Spanish at the end of the trip.

3. Any good remedial massage place (lifetime worth of sports injury need constant help)

4. Best part of town to live in?

Thanks all!

On 8/30/2018 at 12:44 AM, beaniehat said:

Hi all,

I hail from down under currently - a former world traveller having lived in Asia, Europe and Australia, I considered Mexico as a place to check out for perhaps future retirement place. 

I am planning to visit Ajijic for a month, mid-Sep - mid-Oct thereabouts. I have some questions regards:

1. MMA/ Muay Thai/ Boxing gym. I use to compete in Boxing (& MT) at amateur level have immense interest in MMA - could love recommendations of a good gym

2. How to make friends - I am late 30s, would love to know the places to meet new friends. I have vast interest, can play music, paint, I'm quite out-doorsy and athletic. I can speak English and Mandarin fluently and Spanish very poorly - I'm planning to speak better Spanish at the end of the trip.

3. Any good remedial massage place (lifetime worth of sports injury need constant help)

4. Best part of town to live in?

Thanks all!

In reply to #2 -  A search on this forum for groups will give you information about singles groups.  Also, this website might give you further information about local events during part of the time you are visiting http://ajijicnews.com/pages/eventscalendar

Archived