Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM card

Guest English Rose

Guest English Rose

Has anyone received their 'discount' card this year?  I have been trying to get my card since March 8/17. I have been down to see Martha with all papers, copies, pictures and passport and have phoned reminding  her I am still waiting. She tells me she didn't get enough cards, the fault of those in Guad and she has a lot of people waiting. Despite being reminded, I have been there and she can't find my name on her list and then adds it. This has happened a few times.

Those of you who were lucky enough to get your cards in the last 17 months, would you please post the magic formula. I called this morning and she isn't there. Suggestions please. ☹️ :rolleyes:

INAPAM? I went to Guadalajara and got mine. They only accept the first 100 clients per day; once on line, they show up at 8 am and start handing out the form that needs to be completed. Take a Spanish-speaker with you if you are not fluent. I arrived at around 6:45 am and my number was in the high 90s. Finally got out around 2 pm. 

1 hour ago, cstone said:

From what I read, it seems that you need to give Martha a "gift" if you want this to proceed. Otherwise, pursue it on your own.

That is probably false info. Smaller cities get very few cards per month. In Puerto Vallarta last June we went because my buddy lost his card when he lost/lifted his wallet in OXXO to DIF. They sent us to the Ministero Publico to report it stolen. Went back to DIF with the MP report. They said on Monday morning at 8am. they have 20 INAPAM cards to hand out. This was In June. I asked when will they have more and how many. She said the last 80 cards they got was at the end of January and these 20 I have here go to the first in line Monday. Here in the city of San Luis Potosi [ 1.4 million ] I have helped people at the INAPAM office and they always have a stack of them. Try Guadalajara or Zapopan and forget Chapala.

We also went into Guadalajara to do ours.  Just make sure you get there before they open as mentioned above , they only issue about 100 or so tickets.  We arrived by 8 and were 75 and 76 in line.  There is a form to fill out which is in Spanish, but it is not really difficult to understand.  We had our card in hand by noon.  And we were able to get half price tickets on the bus ride home.   It was an adventure and we met some lovely people in line.   Chapala was a waste of time....

To explain better the above poster mentioned when they open at 8am the tickets they hand everyone in line is numbers 1 thru 100 for example or how many cards they will be giving out so people can't save places for others and people don't wait after the numbers are given out. The staff at the door let about a dozen in at a time by calling those numbers out loud and collect the numbers which are laminated. Not that bad. We came at 6:45 and were #9.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:40 PM, English Rose said:

Has anyone received their 'discount' card this year?  I have been trying to get my card since March 8/17. I have been down to see Martha with all papers, copies, pictures and passport and have phoned reminding  her I am still waiting. She tells me she didn't get enough cards, the fault of those in Guad and she has a lot of people waiting. Despite being reminded, I have been there and she can't find my name on her list and then adds it. This has happened a few times.

Those of you who were lucky enough to get your cards in the last 17 months, would you please post the magic formula. I called this morning and she isn't there. Suggestions please. ☹️ :rolleyes:

We did in July, went to the DIF building on calle Dego Llado when the office opened and we were the 2nd in line.

I think phoning is not the answer, you must go, the office does not open until 10 am and bring double copies of everything and originals

Archived