Chapala.com Webboard

Garufa

tomgates

2 hours ago, Hal said:

Xena Did I just step in a pile of pet poop? I know people lakeside LOVE their dogs and most are well behaved. But seriously even if you view them as your fur babies, I do not want to go to a nice restaurant with a baby at the next table (2 legged OR 4 legged).

Yes, Hal, you unknowingly stepped in a big, steamy pile of pet poop. The dogs/no dogs in restaurants topic has been rehashed here more than salted/unsalted butter. So many happy discussions about restaurants have gone wildly off the rails when the DIR topic comes in that some of us have developed PTSD over DIR. Once it gets going there is no stopping it short of locking the thread. I shall now quietly tiptoe out the door. Pretend this conversation never happened.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carnivore, I wish I had seen your post earlier.  We we're at the Ajijic Plaza today and just happened by this restaurant.  We weren't even aware it had opened.  It was truly attractive inside and though the prices were rather high we decided to treat ourselves.  There was not one edible dish.  We took a bite of the salad and almost gagged (which was served at the same time as the meal).  We then both tried our pasta dishes and found both inedible.  We asked for the check and told me waiter no we didn't want it to go.  We told him the food was not edible.  He agreed with us that the food there wasn't very good, brought us the check for the full amount, and then they couldn't make change.  We waited for them to run down to the bank.  No manager showed their face.  We won't be back.

Archived