Chapala.com Webboard

REALLY inconvenient!

camillenparadise

I saw Ricardo and Gloria on Sunday. They are expanding the kitchen. If you saw the current kitchen - about the size of your finger - you'd probably sympathize. Very necessary.

Being inconvenienced is no fun. But the kitchen they've been using is a bad joke.

3 hours ago, Travis said:

I saw Ricardo and Gloria on Sunday. They are expanding the kitchen. If you saw the current kitchen - about the size of your finger - you'd probably sympathize. Very necessary.

Being inconvenienced is no fun. But the kitchen they've been using is a bad joke.

The OP’s point was not that they closed for renovations but they did not have the common courtesy to notify people who had reservations. Had she not called to reconfirm (and not everyone does) she and her guest would have arrived to a closed restaurant. That is rude and inconsiderate of customers who deserve better. 

9 hours ago, Xena said:

The OP’s point was not that they closed for renovations but they did not have the common courtesy to notify people who had reservations. Had she not called to reconfirm (and not everyone does) she and her guest would have arrived to a closed restaurant. That is rude and inconsiderate of customers who deserve better. 

Well yes, of course you're right. I guess my expectations of "proper customer service" have been beaten down to nothing since I've lived here. I'm also not in the habit of making restaurant reservations locally (unless it's a special event night or there's a large group involved). I don't really expect restaurant reservations around here to be treated any more professionally than the average plumber treats an appointment.

Hope you enjoy the replacement meal at Elegante, Camille.

Not wanting to hijack this, however do wish to relate a similar experience. On Tuesday I called Viva Mexico and requested a reservation for four at 6 O:Clock Thursday,  The person I spoke with had perfect English. When we arrived last night we found closed doors. They are closed on Thursdays are always closed on Thursday, yet the man took my reservation and repeated it back to me and it was correct. So reservations don't always count for anything. We drove all the way out there for nothing and it will be a long, long time before I go there again.

But, the nice Mexican gentleman, with perfect English, remained true to his culture and refrained from disappointing you by uttering the forbidden word: "No".

So, you remained satisfied and happily ignorant for a couple of days more. His gift to you.

On Thursday, you were alone in your disappointment......In the moment; just like Camille.

Uh, this happens NOB as well. In September of 2016, a reservation was made for twenty two people for brunch in Rosseau, Ontario. That event would have used every table and seat in the restaurant. We arrived to find it closed and they had gone on vacation. Yes, they had both phone number and e-mail and NO, they didn't even attempt to let us know. None of us will ever go back there and you can be sure that we've all told umpteen people each. Bad communication is a bad business practice... anywhere in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 10:14 AM, luvsdawgs said:

Not wanting to hijack this, however do wish to relate a similar experience. On Tuesday I called Viva Mexico and requested a reservation for four at 6 O:Clock Thursday,  The person I spoke with had perfect English. When we arrived last night we found closed doors. They are closed on Thursdays are always closed on Thursday, yet the man took my reservation and repeated it back to me and it was correct. So reservations don't always count for anything. We drove all the way out there for nothing and it will be a long, long time before I go there again.

I have heard a lot of people say (for one reason or another) they will never go back to a particular restaurant ever. You are going to run out of dining options very soon. Shit happens and my rule is everyone one gets 3 chances. 3 Strikes and you are OUT .... for a month or so  LOL   Welcome to life in Mexico

13 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

What was your Member name before you became Hal, Hal?

Not sure I understand the question. Always been Hal. I am a newbie on the board. Am I reminding you of another member? or as a computer guy are you thinking of Space Odyssey and their computer 🙂

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yes, actually, with your language and your blanket generalization that suggests we don't know anything.

If I am coming off as a know it all or condescending I apologize. That is not my intention and as a newbie on the board I certainly do not want to ruffle any feathers of the senior members. Sorry

2 hours ago, Hal said:

I have heard a lot of people say (for one reason or another) they will never go back to a particular restaurant ever. You are going to run out of dining options very soon. Shit happens and my rule is everyone one gets 3 chances. 3 Strikes and you are OUT .... for a month or so  LOL   Welcome to life in Mexico

Not a newbie Hal, been here for quite some time and this was the first time this has happened. One will never, ever run out of places to eat down here.

Archived