Chapala.com Webboard

North American size Queen bed

9 hours ago, David Benfield said:

Ajijic / Lakeside or Guadalajara. Looking for a Queen size North American bed: 60" x 80" long. Suggestions welcome.

Umm...Mexico is also North America.  Maybe you could say which country you mean?

We have one in storage that is available--good mattress, base and wood headboard--we are emptying our storage unit and need to find a home for it. PM me for more info.

If you just want a bed frame, any local carpenter will make one for you. If you want a mattress, I am not sure. Perhaps CostCo, or ask at a department store such as Liverpool or Palacia de Hierro. Local mattress stores may be able to special order one for you.

In US                                              In Latin America                 and Europe

Mattress

TWIN 39/75 wide/long in inches    35/78 wide/long in inches   90/200cm in metric

FULL 54/75 wide/long in inches     55/79 wide/long in inches   55/79 inches    (mine is 54 by 75)

QUEEN 60/80 wide/long in inches  63/79 wide/long in inches   160/200cm in metric

KING 78/80 wide/long in inches     71/79 wide/long in inches   180/200cm in metric

So doing my math, hopefully correctly, European and Latin America are about the same. At least they were for queen size. Cedros if I remember correctly, you are from Canada. What are the sizes there? the same as the US or Latin America and Europe?

Muebles San Francisco, facing you at the light when you enter Chapala, ordered US-size king Wendy mattresses and boxsprings for us. They did not have in stock but it took only a few weeks or so and they delivered and set up. Great (large!) family business and Wendy mattresses are highly rated in Mexico.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

So doing my math, hopefully correctly, European and Latin America are about the same. At least they were for queen size. Cedros if I remember correctly, you are from Canada. What are the sizes there? the same as the US or Latin America and Europe?

Probably the same as the US.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:03 AM, cedros said:

In US                                              In Latin America                 and Europe

Mattress

TWIN 39/75 wide/long in inches    35/78 wide/long in inches   90/200cm in metric

FULL 54/75 wide/long in inches     55/79 wide/long in inches   55/79 inches    (mine is 54 by 75)

QUEEN 60/80 wide/long in inches  63/79 wide/long in inches   160/200cm in metric

KING 78/80 wide/long in inches     71/79 wide/long in inches   180/200cm in metric

I'm not sure where you gleaned those measurements from, but they aren't right as far as Mexico goes. Mexican singles are 39" wide x 75" long , doubles are 54" wide x 75" long, queens are 56-57" wide x 75" long, Kings are more or less the same as US and Canada.  I work in upholstery, so these are the measurements I have taken for scores of jobs. Singles, doubles and queens are all the same length here.

Here are more figures. Take your pick; Measure your mattress before you buy sheets. Sheet size you buy here vary depending where they are made. I bought a double bed here and I had a heck of a time buying sheets (both fitted and top) that were large enough. I brought single bed bases from Canada. I bought top mattress for the singles here-they were 5 inches shorter than the bases.

Individual Bed Size

Standard Size: 100cm x 190cm (1.00m x 1.90m or 3'3" x 6'3")

The standard Individual bed in Mexico is slightly wider than in most other parts of the world at 100cm (1.00m or 3'3").

Matrimonial Bed Size

Standard Size: 135cm x 190cm (1.35m x 1.90m or 4'5" x 6'3")

The double bed is known as the Matrimonial in Mexico and variations on the standard size are rare.

Queen Bed Size

Standard Size: 150cm x 190cm (1.50m x 1.90m or 4'11" x 6'3")

Occasionally sizes marked as American Measurement (Medida Americana) can be found with dimensions of 150cm x 200cm (1.50m x 2.00m or 4'11" x 6'7").

King Bed Size

Standard Size: 190cm x 200cm (1.90m x 2.00m or 6'3" x 6'7")

Occasionally sizes marked as American Measurement (Medida Americana) can be found with dimensions of 180cm x 210cm (1.80m x 2.10m or 5'11" x 6'11").

We went on the recent LCHS bus to Costco and looked at Matresses.  Liverpool had some good queen size american made on sale for $7,900 pesos.  The mattress place on the carretera in San Antonio had some American made ones from $6,000 to 8,000 pesos.  They had a good one for $7,000.  Both places said they would deliver for free.  In both places this also included the base.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:01 PM, mudgirl said:

I'm not sure where you gleaned those measurements from, but they aren't right as far as Mexico goes. Mexican singles are 39" wide x 75" long , doubles are 54" wide x 75" long, queens are 56-57" wide x 75" long, Kings are more or less the same as US and Canada.  I work in upholstery, so these are the measurements I have taken for scores of jobs. Singles, doubles and queens are all the same length here.

I am so glad you posted these measurements as I just ordered a Mexican Queen size and need those exact measurements in order to make a platform. Thanks!

Archived