Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
bajandy

Seguro Popular -How to sign up

Recommended Posts

I got booted from IMSS because of a late payment.  The hell with them.

I am told Seguro Popular is another option.  I have absolutely no idea about eligibility, requirements, cost or location.  Any info much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bajandy said:

I got booted from IMSS because of a late payment.  The hell with them.

I am told Seguro Popular is another option.  I have absolutely no idea about eligibility, requirements, cost or location.  Any info much appreciated.

If you need a translator and helper with this, I recommend Luzma Grande, who will do it all, easy. 766-1562. ajijicconcierge@gmail.com.

The center for sign up is in Chapala across from the park side.  You sign up, usually for no cost and you get a three year policy.  No pre-existing condition problems. This is not high end comfort hospitalization, but there are good doctors available and there is a newer hospital near Jocotepec.

.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm coming down in early November, and wish to sign up (I have my Permanente).   When, after signing up, does coverage become active?  I'd like to arrange with a facilitator in advance, so I can do this as soon after arriving as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have your INM Residente Permanente card issued, CURP, RFC, proof of address, etc.? Or, are you just arriving with an approval for a visa from a Mexican consulate?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 9:40 PM, gringal said:

If you need a translator and helper with this, I recommend Luzma Grande, who will do it all, easy. 766-1562. ajijicconcierge@gmail.com.

The center for sign up is in Chapala across from the park side.  You sign up, usually for no cost and you get a three year policy.  No pre-existing condition problems. This is not high end comfort hospitalization, but there are good doctors available and there is a newer hospital near Jocotepec.

.

 

Where exactly is  "across from the park side"?  Is there an address plz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this can help.

www.seguro-popular.gob.mx

or

www.seguropopularjalisco.gob.mx

i searched my paperwork for exact address and could not find. not hard to find in chapala. anyone on the street could tell you. when you go in , skip the front desk. you'll be waiting in line in the second waiting room.

if you have all your papers in a file folder correct and exact, you really wouldn't need a translator. it was very fast. no questions asked. if you don't have exactly what you need, then you'd need to understand what they are saying to you. for me it was cost free. i haven't used it, but i am told it is good to establish yourself, get in there and get to know the staff.

01-800-767-8527

if you have great medical needs and are going to need to speak to personnel often, i suggest taking basic spanish classes. just get some language in the medical "vein"..there are good tutors in the area.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, virgogirl said:

Maybe this can help.

www.seguro-popular.gob.mx

or

www.seguropopularjalisco.gob.mx

i searched my paperwork for exact address and could not find. not hard to find in chapala. anyone on the street could tell you. when you go in , skip the front desk. you'll be waiting in line in the second waiting room.

if you have all your papers in a file folder correct and exact, you really wouldn't need a translator. it was very fast. no questions asked. if you don't have exactly what you need, then you'd need to understand what they are saying to you. for me it was cost free. i haven't used it, but i am told it is good to establish yourself, get in there and get to know the staff.

01-800-767-8527

if you have great medical needs and are going to need to speak to personnel often, i suggest taking basic spanish classes. just get some language in the medical "vein"..there are good tutors in the area.

Thanks very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just past Parque de la Cristianía, look for the street sign on northwest wall: Address in Chapala image.png.20517751d1872be2de4776218d3bac70.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×