Chapala.com Webboard

Computer Problem

Alfa

I have/had an email with the itinerary of a family member who is traveling since a week ago. Today I was going to confirm the ETA for her flight but the email has disappeared?? Not in the deleted file nor any other I an find. Not in the recycle folder. I am using Win 10 and it is up to date. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? Also when I try to move an email into another folder, they also often disappear instead of appearing the the intended folder. Thanks.

Just an idea.   I use Windows Live Mail which is the free version of Outlook.    Sometimes when I drag and drop the file goes into the wrong folder.    If I drag and drop, I usually double check that it ended up where I wanted it to go.    If not, then use right click and "move to folder" that way I am positive which folder it goes to. 

Use the mail search function to search fin ALL folders for it.    Search defaults to current folder.  

Perhaps use the search tool. It has worked wonders for me when searching for lost e-mails.

How to Search Outlook.com Email

Search for a specific person's name, airline name, or any word you recall being in the e-mail, such as GDL or the originating airport code.

Good answers. But, if you are getting your mail via a webpage (hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com), nothing is actually on your computer but one small cookie that remembers your user ID (not your password, unless you tell it to), and your visits.

So the email has to be somewhere, unless you deleted it somehow.

The procedue I have followed is to go to the upper right corner and click on the three little dots. Select move, then the folder. I always get the message,"Item moved..." So I thought I was safe. I have been unable to find any of the "moved" emails, anywhere. Frustrating!

Archived