Chapala.com Webboard

Tomas

One of my computers will not allow me to access Chapala .co web site ..All I get is the following msg..

"406 Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by mod_security."

All attempts to log on fail with the above Msg..Help

I am having the same issue, and have for three days. (Not to mention, CFE replacing wires all over Riberas means (ironically) three days on and off of power outages. Today I watched the modem come back on in "brown out" phase, multiple times, and then off again.

However, to get to the question: it would be nice if it was simply a question of adding the "s" to http, but the site is not secured that way anyway. I have a plug in for Firefox that treats all websites as if they were, regardless, so I turned that off... and that was not the culprit either. I have reset the modem to factory, tried different devices in the house, and get the same answer. Yesterday for a brief moment I was able to log in, and saw this post, and then I got booted again.

It is most definitely an issue with the software that runs this website, and their "security" policies, and how those react to network structures. It hasn't even been able to send me a password reset email, even though it "promised" it had. Something is misfiring with certain IP addresses perhaps. But, resetting the TelMex modem provides a new "lease" with a different address, and that did not help, so the problem must apply to whole local network subnets. I am in Chula Vista now, and having no problem. I do have a spare modem that I use for testing purposes for customers, so I will try that next at my place.

EDIT: I see other pages of threads as viewed on this particular PC coming in multiple times, leaving no Edit or reply capabilities, so this problem is affecting more than just certain nets.

Archived