Chapala.com Webboard

Garafons of water

cedros

Typically reverse osmosis but I am amazed people take this on faith.

Stop and think about this whole idea of people having to depend on energy wasting polluting delivery vehicles to buy drinking water for which there is no real verification or standard.

Crazy.

I have my own whole house treatment system and a separate further stage for drinking water.  I know what it can do, how it must be maintained and that the maintenance is being done on schedule.

Ironically, this non-potable water delivered to my house erratically by SIMAPA costs more than the pure stuff the municipality delivered almost without interruption for 14 years in the U.S.   On top of that is the considerable cost of maintaining and running a plant to treat the water to safe standards and then pressurize it.

SIMAPA ain't no bargain.

I only know one person who has been to a place where they are filled. He said they just filtered it. You would think they might use UV also as it is fairly easy and fast.

12 minutes ago, RickS said:

There was a place, west of Ajijic next to the grocery there, that did do reverse osmosis. May not be there anymore, but.....

Yeah, I know the place you refer to.  I used it many years ago and you could watch them wash and refill the jugs.  It was fairly close to our BnB so I gave them a try since the delivery trucks were so erratic in their timing (Imagine that in Mexico, hard to believe, I know).  All was well until I noticed 2 jugs turning green just a couple of days after refilling.  Back to the trucks and waiting for them!

I remember that place too, but never saw any RO equipment there; just UV and filtration.  Used to buy my replacement UV bulbs from them, and bought my original filter assembly from them back in about 2003.

I put in an under counter purification system in my kitchen and it was paid for in a year's equivalent of garafons. Two filters (one carbon) and a UV light. I simply can't lift the garafons any more and I like being able to control the quality of my own water.

Aguagente at about 250 a month for rental, installation and annual maintenance. One tap at kitchen sink and filter under sink. Love it and can see and taste the difference in my drinking water. I drank tap water for years, but when I got the amoeba from hell that took over six months to get rid of switching to Aguagente was a major part of the solution. 

How does Aguagente purify the water or is it a pyramid system? I have not been able to find out exactly how they purify the water.

Archived