Chapala.com Webboard

Land line repairs

elrich

This gives me a chance to recommend some good guys. We had static on the line and an intermittent dial tone. Telmex came and checked the box and underground wire. My fracc has underground utilities. He said the problem is in your house and left.

Pauls Plumber/electric came with three men. They checked ever outlet in the house; even those not connected to a phone. Got the line fixed. The problem was outside and even my computer is running faster. Bill 300p. 045 331 335 0140

Please send these guys work!

From the Telmex phone that has the problem, dial 050.  They will tell you someone will be out in a couple of days or so.  The day of or the day before they may well call with a recorded message that says, in Spanish of course, something like we believe we have resolved your problem, but if not dial 050! We fell for that gag a couple of times and then hired someone to fix the problem.  In our case we could not forward the BnB number to our house right behind us so we just had them extend the line to the house and added a phone. The Mexican way.  Forgot to mention perhaps the best part:  When you ask what time the tech will come, the answer was "It'll either be before 2 or after 2".  So we knew we didn't have to be there at 2, lol.  We initially went to Telmex, took a number and waited for our turn, and then were told they could not call for an appointment, it had to be from the affected phone.  Maybe things have changed, but somehow I doubt it.

Archived