Chapala.com Webboard

If we wanted to “adopt”, we know all about it. We prefer to support breeders who care and take the time to place well so the pups do not end up in shelters. And, we prefer to buy a purposely bred dog with some consistency so they do not fail in their tasks and our expectations and end up in shelters. 

Not all dogs are interchangeable and we prefer dogs with very specific traits and talents. We prefer to buy from responsible ethical breeders. We prefer not to pretend we are adopting when actually we are paying fees and buying.   If you prefer to pretend you are adopting and prefer to support those who do not care enough to breed well, feel free. But please stop trying to guilt me into cleaning up after people whi did not bother to deal with their mistakes.  Ellen Schwab

IF a person wants a specific breed, finding an ethical hobby breeder is the only way to go. The problem is that finding responsible breeders takes a bit of work, and too many people go to the local pet store (read puppy mill) or buy from a dirtbag backyard breeder and perpetuate the problem.

So buy from responsible breeders if that's your preference, Ms Schwab.  But why do we need to know this?  And I doubt if  very many dogs up for adoption in shelters started life as "well bred" pets and ran out of luck. Most are just-plain needy,  hoping for and deserving of a good home.

Lexy

2 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Why would anyone care where someone else wants to find a mascota?

Good question, but you would be amazed at the number of people who rant and rail at people who want a purebred of a specific breed.  So yes, in  most cases adoption (yes there is a fee, but how else do you think these places cover their costs OP?) from a shelter is the way to go.  But if you want a specific breed, that too is your right and should not be criticized as long as you do not patronize unethical breeders.

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Good question, but you would be amazed at the number of people who rant and rail at people

Oh no, I've been around the block a time or two. Those people no longer amaze me, it's just that the number of that type seems to have gotten much larger.  Probably just my feeble old brain playing tricks on me, lol.

Archived