Chapala.com Webboard

KingKnish

Okay so I've booked the flight, apt. and car.  Just need to get a ride to the airport and find someone to take care of the dogs.  Anyway, can someone tell me whether I need to install a sim card in my phone to use it while visiting? If so, are they available to buy in town? Also, are there farmacias in town? Thanks.

Day 1: Arrive, find the apartment, find the landlord, get the key, move in, eat and sleep.

Day 2: Walk around Ajijic Centro, visit LCS, Lunch, Wait for siesta to end, find a realtor, eat and sleep.

Day 3: Check out a few rentals, if the realtor is willing. Start packing, eat, sleep.......

Day 4: Depart with little accomplished.

Time in Mexico runs on a different clock; sometimes a different calendar.

RV may have had tongue in cheek but he makes a valid point. Mexican culture and view of time has not changed in the years he has been gone. Time in Mexico still runs on a different clock and sometimes a different calendar as noted. He was not saying there is nothing to do here. He was saying you can not work your way through a To Do list like you can NOB. 

7 hours ago, King Knish said:

whether I need to install a sim card in my phone to use it while visiting? If so, are they available to buy in town?

Depends on who your cellular provider is in the US. Many of them have 'relationships' with TelCel here in Mexico. T-Mobile does and AT&T has a presence so it will just switch over to TelCel or AT&T Mexico 'automatically'... no sim card change required. Otherwise just go to any storefront for Telcel and get one installed for a pittance.

.... and, yes, there are pharmacias in town.... maybe 75 of them. 🤣

Archived