Chapala.com Webboard

Canada struggling with illegal border 'crisis' of its own ahead of crucial elections

Hud

www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/16/canada-struggling-with-illegal-border-crisis-its-own-ahead-crucial-elections.html

Wonder when it will impact Mexico?

I can't read the link. How would it impact Mexico? Most of the "illegals" are coming from the US. They aren't Mexicans.

Thanks Tiny.

It is a bit of a hot potato politically but it is unlikely that Canada will change it's policies much. The future probably will bring a great increase in refugees worldwide-millions fleeing drought and famine in the middle east and Africa. A tide that can't be stopped-just delayed a bit.

I would suggest that our friends north of the border are having their share of a economic melt down...everyone is so polarized on the USA that they cannot see their own Tsunami coming.

The Lonnie is in the drain, and the Tar Sands Oil is an ecological disgrace 

They may not be a "crisis" with illegals, yet, but if the trend continues there could be a chronic problem with up to 40,000 illegals this year, that's the ones that are caught.

Then Bob Ford was elected on a Populist ticket and is now culling the salaries of Public Sectors Executives

Now Tealsa is taking the Ontario Government to court over cancellation of EV rebates

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Robert or Bob Ford is no longer with us, he was the former Mayor of Toronto (2010-2014) and died in March, 2016. It is his brother Doug who is the Premier of Ontario.

Thank you for the clarification..(if it looks like a Ford and talks like a Ford then I guess its not a Chevy.... ) do you have any thoughts why the  people  still choose a person from a "dysfunctional" family 

It's my observation that politicians in general have this characteristic.  :D

9 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for the clarification..(if it looks like a Ford and talks like a Ford then I guess its not a Chevy.... ) do you have any thoughts why the  people  still choose a person from a "dysfunctional" family 

10 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Truly (and I say this as a Canadian) what the heck does this have to do with Mexico in any way?

Exactly

3 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

If Canada becomes a  "failed " state, maybe Mexico will have more leverage at tri level talks

Not possible.

4 hours ago, Ferret said:

Canada controls most of the water flowing into the Great Lakes... supplies electricity to the northeast of the U.S. …. and oil. Failed state my a$$.

Oil that cost $50 to produce is a lost cause, besides being a ecological disaster..why worry about climate when you promote that ugly process

20 hours ago, Ferret said:

Don't hold your breath.

https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/2017/3/how-its-quite-possible-canada-has-worlds-largest-oil-reserves/

Ya know, the point here is R.E.S.P.E.C.T.                 Ya gotta give it to get it.

Not true. Look at Computer guy posts, he is the perfect example !

Archived