Chapala.com Webboard

Cardiologist

simpsca

Maybe  not the answer you are looking  for, but both Del Carmen and Puerta de Hierro have resident cardiologist. Also why not talk or visit  Dr Thelin  in Chapala  3312824445 and request a recomendation.  For many people adventuring outside of Ajijic for services is like going to a foreign  country.  Good Luck

33 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe  not the answer you are looking  for, but both Del Carmen and Puerta de Hierro have resident cardiologist. Also why not talk or visit  Dr Thelin  in Chapala  3312824445 and request a recomendation.  For many people adventuring outside of Ajijic for services is like going to a foreign  country.  Good Luck

Pretty condescending. Why?

There's are very good reasons why people who think they need a cardiologist want to see someone close to home. The testing itself would require several trips to Guadalajara; one of them requires an overnight test, with return to the doctor the next day.

Chances are good that if they think they need to see a cardiologist, they may not feel like making that drive themselves. I've had a few experiences in Guadalajara traffic that definitely don't promote heart health.🙄

The local cardiologists all conduct their curative procedures at Guadalajara hospitals.  After the procedure, the same doctor is seen for the follow up visit.  It you're aware of the costs to hire a driver to take a patient to Guadalajara; wait, and return, you would know that this can get expensive for multiple visits, so it makes perfect sense to start with a cardiologist closer to home.

If anyone wants a recommendation for a well trained, English speaking cardiologist in Jocotepec, pm me.

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

Pretty condescending. Why?

There's are very good reasons why people who think they need a cardiologist want to see someone close to home. The testing itself would require several trips to Guadalajara; one of them requires an overnight test, with return to the doctor the next day.

Chances are good that if they think they need to see a cardiologist, they may not feel like making that drive themselves. I've had a few experiences in Guadalajara traffic that definitely don't promote heart health.🙄

The local cardiologists all conduct their curative procedures at Guadalajara hospitals.  After the procedure, the same doctor is seen for the follow up visit.  It you're aware of the costs to hire a driver to take a patient to Guadalajara; wait, and return, you would know that this can get expensive for multiple visits, so it makes perfect sense to start with a cardiologist closer to home.

If anyone wants a recommendation for a well trained, English speaking cardiologist in Jocotepec, pm me.

Sorry you feel that way, maybe overly sensitive.....The only Cardiologist I know and have experience with in Joco  , considerable over charged me and found it cheaper to visit a Cardiologist  in Guad. Generally speaking I was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable fees of Dr. Guiannino Daneri Allis cel 3318622919

The more I hear about the service fees etc being charged at Lakeside the more I think the folks are cash cows with doctors only too eager to rush you into Guad for "emergencies"

54 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

22 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Sorry you feel that way, maybe overly sensitive.....The only Cardiologist I know and have experience with in Joco  , considerable over charged me and found it cheaper to visit a Cardiologist  in Guad. Generally speaking I was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable fees of Dr. Guiannino Daneri Allis cel 3318622919

The more I hear about the service fees etc being charged at Lakeside the more I think the folks are cash cows with doctors only too eager to rush you into Guad for "emergencies"

You don't think this is "condescending" ??? Quote:  " For many people adventuring outside of Ajijic for services is like going to a foreign  country.  Good Luck "

I give my fellow expats more credit for common sense solutions to their medical issues. Most people are naturally cautious enough to check out what their physicians tell them.

I went directly to a neurosurgeon in Guadalajara at Hospital de Hierro and had my problem taken care of at a reasonable cost after seeing several local orthopedic surgeons who wanted to go the expensive route.

To get back on the subject: I have been very happy with cardiologist Dr. Hector Briseno who comes to Integrity Clinic in Ajijic. I consider his fees modest, but then I have not had to have surgery. PM me if you want his phone #'s. If it is a matter that needs quick attention, you can call him directly or call and ask the clinic to work you into the schedule.

2 minutes ago, JayBearII said:

To get back on the subject: I have been very happy with cardiologist Dr. Hector Briseno who comes to Integrity Clinic in Ajijic. I consider his fees modest, but then I have not had to have surgery. PM me if you want his phone #'s. If it is a matter that needs quick attention, you can call him directly or call and ask the clinic to work you into the schedule.

Everyone who has seen Dr. Briseno has given him high marks. 

I had a worthless back surgery at Puerto Hierro and when we questioned them on the bill they admitted overcharging me. No refund was possible----they offered a free operation.

Dr. Briseno attended me promptly when I had a heart attack and was lightening fast putting in a stent (in Guadalajara). At Quality Care he has equipment , eliminating the need for some Guadalajara trips.

The stent surgery was fine. Dr. Breseno showed Chris the before and after videos and since I was headed for intensive care she could not stay. She had come in the ambulance and Dr. Briseno called a cab for her to get her home!  I think the hospital was Santa Maria Chapalita ? It was just done over and looked very nice. HOWEVER the ICU was a joke. The nurses spent most of their time flirting with any male worker that came through the door. They were MAJOR unattentive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 12:51 PM, Mrs. Rupert said:

Do not go to Dr. Flores.  Please PM me about his services.  We have found that Dr. Briseño has been a wonderful cardiologist, and does much of the testing at Quality Care in Ajijic.  Very satisfied with him- caring and competent.

Sent you a PM. I have been to Dr. Brisena but was unable to get an appointment before my trip. Went to a Dr. Ortiz who comes lakeside usually on a Sat. He was thorough, not as good English as Dr. B. But didn't know what to do to get in before my trip. Ortiz was thorough and increased my meds so I was fine for my trip. Thank you all.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, CHILLIN said:

I recently saw Dr. Briseno for a surgery pre-op report. He has a helper now, a very competent woman cardiologist, who handles most everything and then confers with Dr. Briseno. That should speed things up around there.

Thanks for letting me know about Dr. B's new cardio assistant. Maybe I can get in sooner with her there.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, HarryB said:

The stent surgery was fine. Dr. Breseno showed Chris the before and after videos and since I was headed for intensive care she could not stay. She had come in the ambulance and Dr. Briseno called a cab for her to get her home!  I think the hospital was Santa Maria Chapalita ? It was just done over and looked very nice. HOWEVER the ICU was a joke. The nurses spent most of their time flirting with any male worker that came through the door. They were MAJOR unattentive.

Harry thanks for the info. Yes a friend went to Sta. Margarita and it was a joke of a hospital. Dr. B is excellent, I have been to him many times but was unable to  get in before my trip. Was finally able to see a Dr. Ortiz Cardioligist who comes lakeside two days a week. It was a matter of increasing medication, so I was fine for my trip. So glad your stent surgery went fine.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, Mrs. Rupert said:

Do not go to Dr. Flores.  Please PM me about his services.  We have found that Dr. Briseño has been a wonderful cardiologist, and does much of the testing at Quality Care in Ajijic.  Very satisfied with him- caring and competent.

I totally agree w/Mrs. Rupert. PM if you want the story. I love Dr. Rodriguez of Ajijic clinic, but would run hard and fast from Dr. Flores.

Lots of cardiology scams.  Check prices before hand.  They keep prices of stents more closely guarded than the formula for the Colonels chicken or Coca Cola!  Information is power and they want to keep alot vague.  Too many clients have been rushed from lakeside to Guadalajara for emergency surgery.... only to wait days in a hospital so the doctor and his family or buddies could all milk the gringo who gets out with a bill for 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 pesos, scandals upon leaving, stealing of foreigner passports, people signing blank promissory notes for admission (pagares), and doctors all getting commissions and kickbacks for their referrals.  Doctors evading taxes wanting $20,000US sent to a buddy´s account in Texas while not giving facturas and working with the hospital to seize your home if you don´t pay the outrageous bill (remember the blank pagare?  They will fill in a crazy amount with 120% annual interest).

The "secret" is now being outed.  I paid out of pocket and didn't get the detailed bill until a week or more later after I asked the doctor to provide it.

I have the bill in hand for the stent put in, in August of this year.  I asked for a detailed bill since I was in a bit of shock at the total for a less than one day stay in a Guad hospital.  The hospital and procedure was organized by a Cardiologist in Jocotepec.

The stent cost (just the item) was listed as "stent taxus liberte 2.75 X 32" $54,832 including IVA of $7,560 pesos.

The bill from the hospital for everything including the stent was $164,960 pesos. The doctor's bill, including 3 office visits and tests was $45,000 pesos.

Naturally, I'm curious as to how this compares to what others have paid. 

Archived