Chapala.com Webboard

Cardiologist

simpsca

19 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The other question you may want to confirm Gringal is whether a stent was actually put in. You now have paper confirmation that you were "charged" for it though and that's a plus.

Good grief !! Well, it's okay.  I have the "before and "after" pictures which my regular doc has reviewed, along with her doing exams...and I feel much better.  I have no complaint about the Joco doctor she sent me to:  very thorough.  (Although pricey).

2 hours ago, Intercasa said:

Lots of cardiology scams.  Check prices before hand.  They keep prices of stents more closely guarded than the formula for the Colonels chicken or Coca Cola!  Information is power and they want to keep alot vague.  Too many clients have been rushed from lakeside to Guadalajara for emergency surgery.... only to wait days in a hospital so the doctor and his family or buddies could all milk the gringo who gets out with a bill for 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 pesos, scandals upon leaving, stealing of foreigner passports, people signing blank promissory notes for admission (pagares), and doctors all getting commissions and kickbacks for their referrals.  Doctors evading taxes wanting $20,000US sent to a buddy´s account in Texas while not giving facturas and working with the hospital to seize your home if you don´t pay the outrageous bill (remember the blank pagare?  They will fill in a crazy amount with 120% annual interest).

Thanks for posting Intercasa. I've heard some horror stories, from close friends, especially Puerto Hierro, guard standing with a gun so they couldn't leave, wanted payment but wouldn't give a factura. I hadn't heard all the heart related stuff though.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:22 PM, lakeside7 said:

Maybe  not the answer you are looking  for, but both Del Carmen and Puerta de Hierro have resident cardiologist. Also why not talk or visit  Dr Thelin  in Chapala  3312824445 and request a recomendation.  For many people adventuring outside of Ajijic for services is like going to a foreign  country.  Good Luck

I'm not afraid to drive into Guadalajara, but was in a pinch time wise since cousins were arriving from the US and had a trip planned. So I was glad to get to see Dr. Ortiz lakeside on a Saturday. Otherwise I would have driven in to Guadalajara to see someone. And Ortiz got the problem caused by my cardiologist in US who cut back my medication too much.

9 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Check out this article from the AARP on the Pros and Cons on Stents

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-12-2011/some-stents-do-more-harm-than-good.html

On the other hand...it is interesting to read  about the negative side effects of the types of drugs prescribed for the condition.  Some of them are now being found to either be of no use or have very negative side effects...especially statins.  No perfect choice.

Archived