Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

What's involved in replacing a lost license plate for a motorcycle?

Recommended Posts

 I had to report a car license plate as stolen.  Reported it to the Ministerio Publico.  No one told me this until after 4 months had passed and innumerable visits to try to figure it out.  The person who finally told me was at the auto license registry in Guadalajara.  When I finally went with the report and all the other paperwork to the Chapala office they told me they figured I knew the procedure and just wasn't doing it.  It was so frustrating.  I don't know if it is still that way.  Get some real advice.  Better yet hire someone to do it all for you.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try going to the office in Chapala with your title card and reporting the loss?  If they won't issue a new one I'd assume you have to go to MP first as noted above.

They may assume stolen in which case they would send you to MP I'd assume.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...