Chapala.com Webboard

Found lost dog near The Container Restaurant

On 8/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, luvsdawgs said:

He probably lives in that area, take him back so he can go home. He has a collar, has a home. Most Mexicans do not read this board. Dog in our

neighborhood taken by someone a few days ago, probably decided she was homeless, she wasn't.  Second one taken.

Or maybe he is lost and the owner will be found and grateful that some kind soul took the dog's wellbeing into consideration and didn't want to see the dog's carcass covered with lime on the side of the carretera like the unfortunate one that is currently dissolving just east of Mirasol.  Or the ones I have rescued after being nearly hit or actually hit on the road.  Or the puppy I saw squished to mush by the car in front of me on the carretera in Riberas.  Or my own dog when he got loose. Sometimes loose dogs are actually lost dogs and returning them to run loose is to expose them to possible injury or death.  I will always choose to do what is best for the dog, not the owners who have little concern for its safety.  I suggest the person who found the dog make some flyers and post them in the area of Food Container.  Surely if the dog has owners who care about it they will be looking for it and see the flyers.  Or perhaps the concerned owners have already posted flyers looking for their pet.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, luvsdawgs said:

He probably lives in that area, take him back so he can go home. He has a collar, has a home. Most Mexicans do not read this board. Dog in our

neighborhood taken by someone a few days ago, probably decided she was homeless, she wasn't.  Second one taken.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, Mobell said:

Found black and white male dog Monday evening. Very domesticated. Trained. He is white with black spots mostly black head with black ears. Just a lovely dog. Please call 765-3163 or 3310982221.

IMG_0131.jpg.46f8461768fe16464ca96775e461fe36.jpg

We still have the lovely dog and thank you so much B for your response. We so hope his owners will find the flyers I put up at El Torrito, Superlake, Vet store in Riberas, the new Vet store going into Chapala, and Walmart. I asked at The Container store but will bring another flyer also. This dog is so well behaved and in such good condition. A really healthy good looking animal. I have three rescues and a small house so hope we can find his owner.

1 hour ago, Mobell said:

We still have the lovely dog and thank you so much B for your response. We so hope his owners will find the flyers I put up at El Torrito, Superlake, Vet store in Riberas, the new Vet store going into Chapala, and Walmart. I asked at The Container store but will bring another flyer also. This dog is so well behaved and in such good condition. A really healthy good looking animal. I have three rescues and a small house so hope we can find his owner.

I hope his owners are found too.  Thank you for doing all you can for him.  

The dog is in good shape, well behaved, has a collar and a home which you are denying him. Dogs in Mexico are allowed to roam by their owners, going out in the morning and going back in at night. The shelters are full of these dogs which have been "rescued" by well meaning people who end up bringing their new responsibility to a shelter. We have two dogs in our neighborhood which were taken in the last 4 - 6 weeks. One has been found and rescued, the other little female is gone. Someone probably saw her on the street without a collar and decided she needed rescuing. The Mexican owners spent time and money training her and money to spay her, which was difficult for them. The old lady is very upset and heartbroken.

If you pay attention to the actions and behaviors of dogs on the streets it is usually pretty obvious which dogs are on a usual walk about and which dogs have gotten loose from confinement and are frightened. They do not walk with confidence, heads high and tails wagging. They are confused and scared. There are more than enough dogs who are actually lost, sick, injured, starving, and/or mistreated for you to rescue. Please help dogs that need it. But, stop stealing people’s pets. 

Put posters in English and Spanish with a picture IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. On light poles and trees. A block or three around the Container Restaurant both sides of the carretera. Ask any neighborhood children or better yet, take the dog on leash with you when you post the flyers. He probably knows where he lives and will be able to show you.

Does he understand English or Spanish commands? That could give you a clue as to who his owners are.

Archived