Chapala.com Webboard

Help for a newbie

John V

Hi,

First, Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forum to ask this (and I'm sure other) question. Just point me in the right direction and I'll not do it again.

I am looking for the least expensive way to get from the Guadalajara airport to Ajijic BY CAR. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

John Vanover

jcvanover@aol.com

John, when (if) a mod sees this it will be moved to the proper forum. This one is for posts from/about LCS. For future reference, all general posts pertaining to living here go in the Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara forum. Added benefit: more people will see your posts there. Welcome. 

Per your suggestion, I moved this to the correct forum.  Mod5

He has asked for the “least expensive way by car”, not how do I get there and obviously not interested in a bus somehow.  Uber would be the cheapest IF one is comfortable with that option (no reason to not be, but...). Taxi is 450 pesos still I believe. 

If you don't mind walking to the Oxxo located about 500 yards from the airport, you can usually find either an uber or taxi there who don't have to pay commission to the airport. Expect a 200 peso savings, make sure to verify price before getting in.

56 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

If you don't mind walking to the Oxxo located about 500 yards from the airport, you can usually find either an uber or taxi there who don't have to pay commission to the airport. Expect a 200 peso savings, make sure to verify price before getting in.

I guess wheeling a couple of cases in the rain could be a problem!!!

It's a matter of choice. When all the mess of the "occupation" was going on, my ride had to park opposite that OXXO. Shlepping wheeled cases in the rain wasn't a choice... but I did it anyway... and survived.

I've used UBER from the Airport to Ajijic a couple of times in the last 6 months and the cost was $220-$280 pesos.  That is less than an airport taxi but you need to have the Uber App on your phone and have a signal.

Good luck and welcome,

Valerie :)

Archived