Chapala.com Webboard

Car Wash just west of Roberto's torn down

calexico

3 hours ago, Al Berca said:

I remember them being in the garage behind El Torito for a while, but not in the car wash next to Roberto's.

Well, they were there.... MANY cages of them in the back which was just a stone’s throw away from El Saltos’ house. NOISY as hell. 

10 hours ago, johanson said:

I don't think they are using that many places as of yet.  Several offices have already moved and I understand Sol y Luna will too. 

Is Sol y Luna moving elsewhere within Bugambilias, or moving out of it?

49 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

My understanding they are moving to the back.

Exactly. They will be in the same building at the East end of the parking area. They will have street access from the street where the Wednesday market is held

On 8/14/2018 at 9:05 AM, el bartman said:

Gringal I had good luck at the one alongside the phone company past black coffee.   Why I liked them was the workers seemed a little better managed and quality of work was better with less jocularity.  

They were good. Now I find, to many workers there now. Just seem to be playin around and not getting cars so clean and they  raised the price, I totally loved the guy that worked at the place they tore down. the one guy did the best job we found. Now #2 best for us was the guy in parking garage by chopsticks and across from pasta place. We will not use the one next to Telcel anymore. Seem to be a bunch of jokers. My opinion.

I'm really confused here.  Are you referring to the one up at the top of the parking lot of Laguna Mall?  I got an excellent job there when I used them because my regular had too long a wait.

5 hours ago, thegogulskis said:

They were good. Now I find, to many workers there now. Just seem to be playin around and not getting cars so clean and they  raised the price, I totally loved the guy that worked at the place they tore down. the one guy did the best job we found. Now #2 best for us was the guy in parking garage by chopsticks and across from pasta place. We will not use the one next to Telcel anymore. Seem to be a bunch of jokers. My opinion.

The one at the top of the Laguna parking lot is called La Ola car wash. The one farther south behind the Pemex on the libramiento is connected with Lake Taco restaurant. I used the one in west Ajijic that just got torn down for several years but as there was often only one guy working there you never knew at what time it would open-the worker came by bus. So I switched to the one beside Lake Taco but they seemed a bit too casual. Now I use La Una. They do a good professional job. 

On 8/14/2018 at 9:28 PM, RickS said:

Well, they were there.... MANY cages of them in the back which was just a stone’s throw away from El Saltos’ house. NOISY as hell. 

You are talking about two different things:  where the fighting cocks are/were raised and where the palenques (cock fights) are/were held.

I have not said anything about any cock fights.... my comment just confirmed (to Al Berca) that there were cages of cocks at the now torn down car wash.... AND just in the cages they were very noisy to the neighbors. 

Archived