Chapala.com Webboard
Wookie

Purple Garlic Pizza

We had a pizza and a salad there today and it was the best pizza we have had here.  Top notch ingredients, really good sauce and enough if it, the crust was soooooo good!  Yes, it took us about 3 or 5 minutes to find a parking but it wasn't any harder than many other locations.  We will definitely have their pizza delivered by the delivery guys the next time we want delivery.  They have a 10", 12" and 16".  We ordered the 16" and it was $200 pesos.

• Thanks 1

I also ate there last night, the best margaritas and pizza I have ever had in lakeside,charming owners and staff and only two blocks from my Casa..

Can you tell me if their crust is thick or thin?

Thanks,

Val :)

• Sad 1

I think you would call it thin.  The edges however are puffed up and absolutely yummmmmmy😊

So glad to hear about the margarita.  Will have one on our next visit 

It sounds fantastic. I looked in the phone book and could find a listing for The Purple Garlic Pizza.

Where is it located?

Thanks in advance for our help.

• Haha 1

Located in Ajijic on the mountain side of the Carreterra in the block just east of Colon.  It used to be Rustica Restaurant.  We think it is the best pizza Lakeside including M&J's.  The salad was good also ... We like that we can eat there if we wish and have pizza fresh right out of the oven with a fresh salad and a nice glass of wine.  Also like the option of 3 sizes of pizza and 2 sizes of salads.

4 of us dined here last night. Salads come small and large. Wife and I shared the small Caesar salad ($60) and the dressing served on the side was delicious. Three of us shared a 12" pizza. The margaritas were the best I have had here save for the now closed Super Burrito. Nice couple from South Carolina ( he was originally from Guadalajara) who had a pizza restaurant there. Total positive experience and a new higher bar is set for pizza here. 

• Like 3

Seems we chose the wrong day to check out this new restaurant, they're closed on Tuesdays.

Val  :)

OMG!  The pizza was amazing.  I had the pepperoni pizza and my friend had the vegan pizza.  We both were in heaven with our choices.  The crust was light and delicious.  The sauce light and luscious.  There is no other pizza in lakeside that is nearly as good.

We saw garlic nuggets coming out and will try them the next time with a salad.  They looked interesting.