Chapala.com Webboard

rain amounts so far this year

bdmowers

For San Juan Cosala it can be found on my calendar. That does not help many other people. It would be nice to have that information officially for different areas.

Go to www.ajijicweather.com  It shows the daily, monthly and annual weather for it's site. The site was down a few minutes ago. It's back up now and shows that as of this time we have had 0.02 inches of rain today, as of this month, 0.76 inches and as of this year 16.97 inches.

Trouble is go to or more blocks from a weather site, and the amount of rain could be quite different.

The one thing one can see is that we have not gotten as much rain this year to date as in most previous years. (At least that is what I seem to remember)

10 hours ago, johanson said:

Go to www.ajijicweather.com  It shows the daily, monthly and annual weather for it's site. The site was down a few minutes ago. It's back up now and shows that as of this time we have had 0.02 inches of rain today, as of this month, 0.76 inches and as of this year 16.97 inches.

Trouble is go to or more blocks from a weather site, and the amount of rain could be quite different.

The one thing one can see is that we have not gotten as much rain this year to date as in most previous years. (At least that is what I seem to remember)

At the place I am living in San Juan Cosala the gardeners come from San Antonio. They are supposed to come 3 days a week-mainly to water. Often the don't come and they can't be reached by phone. When they do show up I ask why I have to water the garden as it gets quite dry. They reply we had lots of rain in San Antonio (but here was none here). 

13 hours ago, Tiny said:

And with this information you are going to do what?

Become very, very wise and knowing.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:02 AM, cedros said:

At the place I am living in San Juan Cosala the gardeners come from San Antonio. They are supposed to come 3 days a week-mainly to water. Often the don't come and they can't be reached by phone. When they do show up I ask why I have to water the garden as it gets quite dry. They reply we had lots of rain in San Antonio (but here was none here). 

That is an excellent primer on life in general here in Mexico. He's not kidding!!

None during that time in my part of San Juan Cosala. Just over 7 inches so far this year. I can see Jocotepec clearly from here. You can often see it raining there but nothing here.

Archived