Chapala.com Webboard

Message from CFE today

mkshawn

Anyone receive this email message recently

"Domicilie sus Pagos y Evite Suspensión del Servicio de CFE".

My last invoice was paid as usual by BBVA. This invoice was just read online: $164mxn due? We are NOB

however it States:

• Billed Period 05 JUN 18 - 03 AGO 18
  • Payment Limit 19 AGO 18
  • Cut-off 20 AGO 18

Today is 10 Ago 18? So, having never received something like this in 10plus yrs I am curious especially after reading all the Solar Credit Invoicing issues

Tks

I not sure why, but when my 60 +/- 5 day period is up, I go on line to see whether my online account shows the billing period completed and shows the amount due. Because the bill doesn't always show up under the door at the house.

Two months ago, my billing period turned out to be about 53 days. Will it be 68 days this time? Who knows, but I keep on checking. So far no delivered bill or updated online bill and today was the 61st day, since meter was last read.

We've had a few inquiries on this one today and are checking into it.

Best guess at this moment is that it is simply a promo broadcast email from CFE, mentioning & suggesting the option of paying online, for convenience purposes.

Good to Know, Tks. My 1st thought was Phising (sp), but then there are always people in large organizations who need the thrill of intimidating all subscribes, possibly to eliminate bank commissions?

Hence the option of paying directly online. Really 10 yrs plus, would you allow CFE unlimited access to your account?

On second thought I'm thinking I am, What ever BBVA receives from CFE, BBVA pays without question?? BBVA does not pay until the very last day, so I do have a small window to correct?

Without seeing the full bill, it reads like an option for customers to direct debit payments for your CFE account; followed by steps to see and print your bill, and lastly is a billing notice. It doesn't seem to imply that this customer is in arrears.

Pay them well in advance with a credit to your account..as much as you want at the CFE office/machine outside their lobby..You will get your bill as usual showing nothing owed and after several months you can stop by CFE and get an accounting of your remaining credit balance, they are accurate to the centavo..No muss, no fuss and no depending on anyone else..So easy..

You can also register for autopay with CFE using a credit card. They charge the card for the amount due a couple of days before the due on date seen on the bill. I have 4 different accounts and have had no issues at all since starting it several months ago.

As others have noted, you can register online to see and download the bill using the CFE portal. The CFE Contigo app allows the same access on your phone.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, John Shrall said:

You can also register for autopay with CFE using a credit card. They charge the card for the amount due a couple of days before the due on date seen on the bill. I have 4 different accounts and have had no issues at all since starting it several months ago.

As others have noted, you can register online to see and download the bill using the CFE portal. The CFE Contigo app allows the same access on your phone.

I try to do everything online. Problem is that CFE will only accept Mexican credit cards. Not a problem with Telmex and Telcel.

Getting a Mexican card is too much of a liability IMHO

55 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Getting a Mexican card is too much of a liability IMHO

Over the last 6 or 7 years I've had the blue, gold and now platinum credit card from Bancomer. The security in place for the cards has been getting better each year. I've never had a problem and use the card often both at merchant locations and online. The biggest obstacle is having the patience to get a credit limit high enough to make it useful for large purchases. The fees are easily recovered by using the card frequently and accumulating points that can be used toward purchases.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:59 PM, Go Solar said:

We've had a few inquiries on this one today and are checking into it.

Best guess at this moment is that it is simply a promo broadcast email from CFE, mentioning & suggesting the option of paying online, for convenience purposes.

Has anyone actually been able to pay online yet?

Archived