Chapala.com Webboard

Has anyone had stem cell therapy for hip problems?

Cruz

I see a lot of info about stem cell therapy for knees and other issues, but has anyone had stem cell therapy for hip problems? I am told I have a bone spur in the hip joint and need a hip replacement, but maybe could delay that process by pumping up the cartilage in the joint (mine is osteoarthritis, not rheumatoid). Anyone with experience with alternatives to hip replacement (especially stem cells), which doctor did you use, how much did it cost, and what has been the outcome?

I thought I had hip problems. It was slowly getting worse, and I assumed that I would soon need surgery. So I went to see the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Gonzalez at Maskaras Clinic,  who had x-rays,only to learn that a different problem was appearing again perhaps coming from the nerves coming out of my lower spine between L4 and L5 where I had experienced sciatic pain in the past. I began exercising again, using much the same type of exercises I did some 20 years ago.

Within a day, I noticed a small difference. It's been maybe 8 days now, and the pain is all but gone. (It wasn't that bad, but it was slowly getting worse and I was scared). Now things are almost back to normal and rather than needing surgery, I needed to start exercising again. So simple and so easy to do; a  slightly different type of exercise for a slightly different problem

Often what appears to be very serious, is really quite simple to solve.  I truly hope that your hip problem will be as easy to repair as my appears to be.

I know several people who have had or are having Stem Cell Therapy, however, each person's problem is different from yours.  I am sure you already to know to search on line.  One thing I can tell you that may be helpful is that there is a Docuseries specifically on Stem Cell Therapy. 

https://www.stemcelldocuseries.com/optin/

It is excellent with many physician interviews as well as patients, with different issues.  Some of patients were athletes.  I recommend you  watch it, even if there is a cost.  The information is very educational and very worthwhile.

When we saw it, it was free.  I know some of these things are available at no cost for a time, then in order to spread the word, they must raise funds.  Anyway, let me know if you are able to view it and if it was helpful.

There are several doctors here who will do this treatment and you really need to be careful whom you see if you opt for this.  If you do, I'll be glad to share what I learned from personal experience and people we know.

The treatment is not as established as other things with which the population has more information and to which they are accustomed.  Texas has now passed a law to allow the storage of one's own cells.  This is covered a bit in the Docu-series I mentioned.  As in anything, there is resistance and fear of the unfamiliar.  I do know people who have personally been really helped with this.  This is not something about which you can ask your doctor as the just don't much about it.  It is a specialty and there are quite a few physician interviews in that series who are familiar with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 8:15 PM, johanson said:

I thought I had hip problems. It was slowly getting worse, and I assumed that I would soon need surgery. So I went to see the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Gonzalez at Maskaras Clinic,  who had x-rays,only to learn that a different problem was appearing again perhaps coming from the nerves coming out of my lower spine between L4 and L5 where I had experienced sciatic pain in the past. I began exercising again, using much the same type of exercises I did some 20 years ago.

Within a day, I noticed a small difference. It's been maybe 8 days now, and the pain is all but gone. (It wasn't that bad, but it was slowly getting worse and I was scared). Now things are almost back to normal and rather than needing surgery, I needed to start exercising again. So simple and so easy to do; a  slightly different type of exercise for a slightly different problem

Often what appears to be very serious, is really quite simple to solve.  I truly hope that your hip problem will be as easy to repair as my appears to be.

Peter,  My symptoms were similar to yours, same L4 L5 problem, but Dr. Gonzales recommended hip replacement, so that is what we did.  

Hello there cruz,

I recomend to you call Alejandro Moya ; Ho is tramatology doctor in one of the best hospitals in Guadalajara HOSPITAL SAN JAVIER.

He can help to solve any question about joint,hip,knee and of course the price, that of course is going to be a lot cheaper that in USA.

And dont worry about call him , he know that i give his contact to american comunity on lake.

This is his personal number dialing from us cellphone 005213314577668

dialing from mexico cellphone: 3314577668

dialing from mexico home phone: 0453314577668

Forgot to mention he speak english.

hope this informatio be helpfull to you .

Archived