Chapala.com Webboard

Anti dog barking devices

I use antibark collars and they work well . I have several dogs and lost one so I need to get another one ight now.. The only thing with several dogs is that if one who does not have the collar barks it will zap the dog with the collar. I have noticed that when they go like crazy to the door barking , the dog with the collar stays away not to be zapped. The shock is light and does not hurt them ..

If you get the Petsafe version, also order the aftermarket battery carriers that allow you to use a standard off-the-shelf disc type battery (CR2032). The batteries sold by Petsafe (RFA-67) are quite expensive and hard to find here.

I found that the device was effective for about two months and then the dogs seemed to get used to it and even at high volume, they just ignored it. they were located across the street and well with  in the advertised 50 meter range.

there is no range if they have a collar.. the collar answer to the vibrations and the one dog that has the collar continues to stop barking  when she wears the collar. Once in a while she gices one bark the device rings and she stops barking immediately  I would love to find a couple more of these collars locally,

the taser suggestion wasn't bad. After we were attacked by a rottweiler while walking our dogs and I emptied a full canister of pepper spray into his face to no effect, we bought a taser. Just crackling it at most dogs sends them running. Only once has my wife have to drop a charging pitbull. The owner was very upset, but, we and ours were safe. She never goes out without it. the price on ebay is under 10 dollars. 

Archived