Chapala.com Webboard

My girl was just given 4-5 months to live.

I am so sad, and it didn't have to happen.

The story is here.

I almost cried when I saw the lab report (on the site). This was so preventable.

I rescued her about 10 years ago and she has been the joy of my life.

No parent should outlive their child.

I'm sorry for your impending loss as well Eric. It's hard. Always is. But, if she's in pain, you can set her free to go and play at the Rainbow Bridge with all the others who have gone before. She'll wait for you there.

I, too, am very sad for your impending loss.  We just recently lost one of our babies as well.  That being said, I know you are very hurt and upset but I'm pretty sure every vet here does their very best.  We were years at the Ladrone's until we were told there was nothing else to do but put our beloved pet down.  We consulted Dra. Bernice and found our dog had been misdiagnosed.  Dra. Bernice gave us about 5 more very happy years.  When  we were using Ladrone's, Dra. Bernice was not grooming.  She was assisting with the surgeries.  Gabby was grooming and she is now a vet and working with Dra. Bernice.  I think I know how you feel because I wanted to blame Ladrone's for everything they put my dog and us through treating the wrong ailment.  It took me a while but I have finally realized the Ladrone's did what they believed was right ... That no one is perfect ... The same thing happens with people doctors.  Many of us here Lakeside have used several of the available vets and many have had good and bad experiences with them all.  Today I would not hesitate to take my new family of 3 rescues to either Dra. Bernice or to the Ladrone's as I have come to understand they are both very loving, caring and competent vets.  Again, I am so sorry you're having to go through this awful time.

8 hours ago, Wookie said:

I, too, am very sad for your impending loss.  We just recently lost one of our babies as well.  That being said, I know you are very hurt and upset but I'm pretty sure every vet here does their very best.  We were years at the Ladrone's until we were told there was nothing else to do but put our beloved pet down.  We consulted Dra. Bernice and found our dog had been misdiagnosed.  Dra. Bernice gave us about 5 more very happy years.  When  we were using Ladrone's, Dra. Bernice was not grooming.  She was assisting with the surgeries.  Gabby was grooming and she is now a vet and working with Dra. Bernice.  I think I know how you feel because I wanted to blame Ladrone's for everything they put my dog and us through treating the wrong ailment.  It took me a while but I have finally realized the Ladrone's did what they believed was right ... That no one is perfect ... The same thing happens with people doctors.  Many of us here Lakeside have used several of the available vets and many have had good and bad experiences with them all.  Today I would not hesitate to take my new family of 3 rescues to either Dra. Bernice or to the Ladrone's as I have come to understand they are both very loving, caring and competent vets.  Again, I am so sorry you're having to go through this awful time.

I know Medicine  is an art and not a science. Misdiagnosis is understandable, but gross surgical error is not.

Every doctor. M.D. or D.V.M. that does surgery to remove a tumor knows knows from Day One in school that if you nick or cut into the tumor, the diseased cells that are inside "spill" out and immediately start growing/multiplying, and ultimately get into the blood stream and go through the body.

Dr. Bernice is dammed by her own lab report, that is on my  website www.petplaceajijic.com

She never even said she was sorry. Her only comment to me when I pointed out what she did was, "Well, is your dog dead?"

Eric, it happens with humans too. All it takes is one tiny cancer cell to get loose and it will start multiplying elsewhere. Some short version of a light dose of chemo should always be administered after "they got it all". I now have four people in my life who have passed on after "they got it all".

Ferret, you're right. IThat is why a surgeon makes sure there is a clea margin when excising a tumor.

The lab report shows several nicks into the tumor. This is evidence of a poor surgeon.

I hate OTJ when my girl is the one that Dra. Bernice is learning on. And she didn't give a shite when told of her error.

Eric, you don't know for sure that the tumor hadn't already metastasized prior to the surgery. I suggest you find out about Mexican libel laws before you go any further.

The lives of our pets are almost always shorter than our own. That is a fact we must all accept.

With sincere sympathy and empathy to you, Eric.    We lost our girl 3 weeks ago and agree with much of what has been said already; may it give you some help and comfort now and in the time ahead.

100_3731.JPG

It was preventable according to you but who really know. Alldogs have shorter lives thna humans so we see a lot of  them die. It is painful but you cannot always blaim the vets for their death.. animals get sick and die thhat is life. Enjoy the few months with your  pet you still have and forget about blame it does not bring health back and it ruins your life. 

Eric it seems you are miss reading the report.  It says nothing about several nicks into the tumor.  In fact, it says that all the margins appear to be clear.  However some of the areas are very thin or narrow....  Nowhere does it say there are several nicks into the tumor.

There's something not right about Eric Blair's story. If true, very sad. But we should reserve judgment of the vet that he's actually accusing of malpractice in a most dramatic way until we know more. About him maybe.

Lexy

13 hours ago, Wookie said:

Eric it seems you are miss reading the report.  It says nothing about several nicks into the tumor.  In fact, it says that all the margins appear to be clear.  However some of the areas are very thin or narrow....  Nowhere does it say there are several nicks into the tumor.

Yes, I am angry and saddened beyond discretion or words. My girl probably had another five good and happy years. No parent should have to outlive their child, human or otherwise.

There are few I would wish this pain I have on.

And I know the stages of grief having read the books of Elisabeth Kubler Ross. They don't pass quickly.

If you read the English translation, it seems clear. In the sections examined, the surgical margins are apparently free, although the base margin is extremely narrow in some <1lmm sections. Additionally, this edge situation must be evaluated with caution, due to the number of cuts examined and the size of the specimen submitted. , so there might be the possibility of a "tumor leak" *

This was confirmed by another respected Vet. No Vet or M.D. is going to come out and say another Vet or M.D. was negligent, in all professions there is a well known "conspiracy of silence."

What also angers me is that when Dra. Beatrice was asked about the report, her reply was, 'Well, is your dog dead?" Not a word of compassion or care.

Mexico has freedom of speech, including for expats for anything other than politics,  and several years ago, the laws aimed at journalists were removed.

Archived