Chapala.com Webboard

Directions to Home Depot

Zeb

Can someone give me directions to the closest Home Depot to our area?  I have looked on Google and printed the directions out.  Frankly, they are just confusing.  We do drive to Guadalajara regularly, but the way to Home Depot I believe goes to a different split on Mex 23.

There are at least 5 Home Depots in Guadalajara. Which one do you want to got to? What is your area? The closest HD for me is the one on Lopez Mateos. Very easy to get to.

If you live in Chapala, or near there, the closest one is in Tlaquepaque near the Forum mall.  It is not as easy to get to as the one on Lopez Mateos which is just past the periferico on the right side.  When returning from this store, just get back on the lateral until you get to the first place you can make a 180 turn and head back south on Lopez Mateos.  Alan

Take the airport highway into Guad past the loop around the Tapatio hotel and just as you get past the wild intersection with Lazaro Cardenas get into the far right lane.  Watch for cars getting off Lazaro Cardenas using the far right lane at the same time. In about one block exit at the little 1/2 glorieta and keep going north on what is now Ninos Heroes.  This is a busy street through a residential/business part of Tlaquepaque.  Go about 12 blocks until you get to the traffic light at the tree glorieta at the corner where you would turn right on Morelos to go to the Tlaquepaque plaza but just go around the tree and wait for the light to cross Ninos Heroes.  This is one of the streets where you can't turn left...you have to go right and around the tree to cross the street to the left.  This street is called Garcia Barragan which heads off at about a 45 degree angle to the left of Ninos Heroes.  About three blocks on the right you will see Home Depot.  I'd suggest looking at Google and get "best route" directions from Chapala.  LIke I said, this one is closer but a little tricky if you haven't been there before...it will be an adventure.

Here is a short version. Go straight towards Guadalajara, stay on the right lanes of Gonzalez Gallo, now you can take Ninos Heros immediately or drive on Gonzalez Gallo to Juarez take a right and continue to Ninos Heros, take a left go I think 2 blocks and you will see a small roundabout to get to garcia Barragan and a sign for the Forum Mall     You do not have to drive far and you will see Home Depot on your right

very easy.

1 hour ago, daisy2013 said:

Here is a short version. Go straight towards Guadalajara, stay on the right lanes of Gonzalez Gallo, now you can take Ninos Heros immediately or drive on Gonzalez Gallo to Juarez take a right and continue to Ninos Heros, take a left go I think 2 blocks and you will see a small roundabout to get to garcia Barragan and a sign for the Forum Mall     You do not have to drive far and you will see Home Depot on your right

very easy.

Is there a sign that says Gonzalez Gallo and Ninos Heroes?

there is a sign that say Tlaquepaque. if you miss the entrance go straight and turn right on Juarez then further down left on Ninoes Heroes and follow instructions above.. It is not complicated and if you miss a street ask for the Forum mall in Tlaquepaque .

If you drive straight from here  it eventually turns into Gonzalez gallo then it will separate into 4 lanes with a divider in the middle, all lanes going in the same direction, stay to the right, Ninos heroes will be on your right or continue to Juarez.  It is the one way street on the right immediately after Rio Reforma

On 8/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, daisy2013 said:

If you drive straight from here  it eventually turns into Gonzalez gallo then it will separate into 4 lanes with a divider in the middle, all lanes going in the same direction, stay to the right, Ninos heroes will be on your right or continue to Juarez.  It is the one way street on the right immediately after Rio Reforma

Very good.  Thanks!

Use several balls of string, or yarn. Dogs and birds will eat the bread crumbs.

🌧️ Rain will wash them away, too.  However, the rain may shrink the string, so you may not get all the way home, after all.

For someone who may need those return directions:

When you exit the Home Depot parking lot, head to your left.  You will see a sign that says Chapala. Take that turn.  Keep going and you will encounter two more signs where you will take a turn.  The third sign will be a left turn and then you are back on Mx 23.  Very easy as the return signage is good. 

39 minutes ago, camillenparadise said:

And I assume those directions will get you to Costco painlessly also?

That I don't know.  Perhaps someone on the forum can answer that.  I only know how to get to a Costco via the Macro Libramento or Joco.

Archived