Chapala.com Webboard

Computer Keyboard

Alfa

I need to replace my wireless keyboard and mouse as they are misbehaving. I have ordered two from Amazon that were described as English but were in fact Spanish. Is there any place in the area where I can buy these?

Nice to know, as the last Logitech keyboard I bought in Tucson and brought down. Just a note: Mike Riley the Computer Guy (who posts on this board) recently cleaned my Logitech keyboard and mouse on the insides and replaced one little doohickey and they work great now.

I examined all the keyboards at Walmart and there were NO English keyboards in their stock. Soriana did not have any on display when I went through their section of electronic devices. I looked at Amazon.com and the ones I was interested in would not ship to Mexico.

When my old laptop died and I had to buy a new one down here in Mexico, it has a Spanish keyboard. It was a little confusing at first, but it really didn't take that long to get the hang of it. Plus that "ñ" comes in handy when you live in Mexico.

A new learning curve once in awhile wards off Alzheimer's, you know 🙂

English

en.png

There is a page online that shows the keyboard layouts of many languages, including Spanish... but note that there are a dozen variations on Spanish keyboards, and the "@" symbol is often on the "Q". In the illustration below, the characters in red are accessed by holding down the Alt Gr key, also shown in red. Here is the link to the full page. http://kbd-intl.narod.ru/english/layouts

Spanish

es.png

I just checked Amazon Mexico and found quite a few English keyboards.

Amazon.com.mx

Teclado ingles

https://www.amazon.com.mx/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=teclado+ingles

I recently ordered something else from Amazon Mexico - ordered it on Saturday and it was delivered yesterday. It recognized my U.S. Prime account so there was no shipping charge on the specific items I ordered. Some do have a shipping charge added so look for that when ordering. It allowed me to use my U.S. credit card associated with my U.S. prime account. Easy as could be.

25 minutes ago, REC said:

I just checked Amazon Mexico and found quite a few English keyboards.

Amazon.com.mx

Teclado ingles

https://www.amazon.com.mx/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=teclado+ingles

I recently ordered something else from Amazon Mexico - ordered it on Saturday and it was delivered yesterday. It recognized my U.S. Prime account so there was no shipping charge on the specific items I ordered. Some do have a shipping charge added so look for that when ordering. It allowed me to use my U.S. credit card associated with my U.S. prime account. Easy as could be.

I ordered one from Amazon Mexico. It showed and said it was an English version when I order. I got the Spanish version. In my case I can use either one so I didn't send it back.

You never know.

Archived