Chapala.com Webboard

IRON-ON PATCHES

gringal

12 minutes ago, gringal said:

Does anyone know where to find these around here?  I'd be grateful since I'm getting weary of sewing the same hole up in my favorite at-home "burka".  I need black.

There was a posting called "Looking for cloth patches for jeans". 

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/78381-looking-for-cloth-patches-for-jeans/&tab=comments#comment-573667

How big's the hole gringal? I have denim, grey and dark green but no black. However, I also have iron on flowers in shocking pink, orange and yellow... big ones medium sized ones and small. All sizes of the flowers will cover a half inch hole. All from Canada but made in China.

I have some Bondex brand in black you are welcome to as a sheet it is 3 x 7 inches.   Send me a number via PM and I will call to drop it off when I leave the house today or tomorrow morning..  

15 minutes ago, solajijic said:

I have some Bondex brand in black you are welcome to as a sheet it is 3 x 7 inches.   Send me a number via PM and I will call to drop it off when I leave the house today or tomorrow morning..  

Since it says that you can't receive PM's, and I'm pretty sure who you are (and vice versa), I sent you a message in care of your spouse just now.  I'd be most grateful for the patch!  If you aren't that person, I apologize and blush.

29 minutes ago, solajijic said:

11 minutes ago, gringal said:

Since it says that you can't receive PM's, and I'm pretty sure who you are (and vice versa), I sent you a message in care of your spouse just now.  I'd be most grateful for the patch!  If you aren't that person, I apologize and blush.

Most of the time when a person can not receive PM's, it means that their inbox is full.  They need to delete messages.

Intersting I will have to figure out how to delete messages going back years however it does say 34% full.  So mystery.  But we connected and all is ggod.

A little off topic re: iron on patches, but still involves holes in clothes.
But, does anyone lakeside do reweaving for a hole in a cashmere sweater?

It is s pretty good sized hole, about the size of a 10 centavo coin... a little bigger than the lady of the house wants to attempt using cross-stitch methods.

2 hours ago, Aquaponicsman said:

A little off topic re: iron on patches, but still involves holes in clothes.
But, does anyone lakeside do reweaving for a hole in a cashmere sweater?

It is s pretty good sized hole, about the size of a 10 centavo coin... a little bigger than the lady of the house wants to attempt using cross-stitch methods.

I'm happy to report that one of the posters gave me an iron-on patch, so I'm all set.

In your case, I suggest you start a new topic so that readers will respond to what you need. Perhaps one of the ladies with the sewing shops might also be able to fix your sweater or know who can. There are two on 16 de Septiembre in the block going west from LCS in Ajijic and there is Rosie on Ocampo. 

Archived