Chapala.com Webboard

ARILEO'S NEW HOURS

gringal

We had lunch there early this week and since they have the best salmon around (IMO), my husband, the salmon lover, likes to have a salmon lunch there once a week.  Few diners are there at that time (noon to one) and the waiter told us that as of this last Thursday, they will be opening at 1p.m. rather than12:00.  He also said they will be closing for several weeks (not sure of date) to remodel.

I gather that their main patronage is at dinner time.  The Friday prime rib is popular. The menu offerings are very well prepared and some are a standout.  My favorites are the various shrimp dishes, also available at lunch.  I like the spacious, cool setting in the warmer weather.  The waitstaff are pleasant and attentive to customer's needs. Definitely worth the drive west past the Jocotepec sign.

Too bad about the hours. Many, if not most lunch-eaters at places like that are retirees waiting for the lunch hour, like my Mom used to. Man, she'd be at the entrance to Panino at 11:30, no fooling around. Waiting 'til 1 seems like a long stretch for some.

9 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Too bad about the hours. Many, if not most lunch-eaters at places like that are retirees waiting for the lunch hour, like my Mom used to. Man, she'd be at the entrance to Panino at 11:30, no fooling around. Waiting 'til 1 seems like a long stretch for some.

A lifetime of having a lunch hour at noon makes it hard to convince your stomach to wait another hour.  Habits.🙄

Archived