Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy: Drawer glides

Thank you both for the suggestions I will try both on Monday.  Any other ideas?  Since these are for repairs in the GDL apartment we got for our Oaxaca students I don't mind going someplace there that really has a selection as it could be more likely they have what I need.

Gracias!

They are called Guias de Cajones. Unfortunately, the Home Depot Website doesn't show them but that doesn't mean they don't have them. It's not a great website. I got this info from the guy who just made kitchen drawers for me. He buys his from a wood supply place in Joco but said that the wood place opposite Casa de Waffle (on the lower lakeside lateral) is owned by his nephew, Elvis, and also has them. If in doubt about the name, take a drawer with a drawer glide with you to confirm what you want.

Just got another text... He says Prisa by OXXO in Ajijic has them... as does the hardware store in San Antonio by the Sunrise Café... as does Home Depot.

45 minutes ago, Ferret said:

They are called Guias de Cajones. Unfortunately, the Home Depot Website doesn't show them but that doesn't mean they don't have them. It's not a great website. I got this info from the guy who just made kitchen drawers for me. He buys his from a wood supply place in Joco but said that the wood place opposite Casa de Waffle (on the lower lakeside lateral) is owned by his nephew, Elvis, and also has them. If in doubt about the name, take a drawer with a drawer glide with you to confirm what you want.

Just got another text... He says Prisa by OXXO in Ajijic has them... as does the hardware store in San Antonio by the Sunrise Café... as does Home Depot.

Thank you so much!

On 8/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, Mainecoons said:

Where does one go to find the higher quality drawer glides, with ball bearings and the kind that allow the drawer to pull all the way out?

Either here or GDL.

Thanks.

Mainecoons, you are lucky since they seem to have them here now. 21 years ago I brought them down from Texas. There we called the "full extension" drawer glides.

On 8/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, Mainecoons said:

Where does one go to find the higher quality drawer glides, with ball bearings and the kind that allow the drawer to pull all the way out?

Either here or GDL.

Thanks.

I have bought them b/4 at both of the lumber yards in Ajijic and Chapala. You will find that they come in different sizes depending the drawer depth. 

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

They are 14 and 16 inch full extension with ball bearings.  Part of built in cabinet made in GDL, hopefully not too hard to find.  Going out looking in the morning.

They have both sizes. Good Luck 

Elvis on the lateral across from Waffle House in west Ajijic, that is the lumber store.  Husband likes that brand best and makes me drawers inside drawers with them.

16 hours ago, solajijic said:

Elvis on the lateral across from Waffle House in west Ajijic, that is the lumber store.  Husband likes that brand best and makes me drawers inside drawers with them.

That was definitely the right place.  He had almost exact duplicates of the broken ones, should install straight up.  He seemed to have a very big selection of these and his prices were great.

Thank's for the recommendation, this saved me a lot of running around!  :)

Archived