Chapala.com Webboard

TelCel Internet speed

At a customer's house today in San Antonio, down the street from the Sunrise Cafe, I clocked her new TelCel Internet service at 60 mbps! down. I've never seen anything like that around here. My own TelCel data plan provides about 30. She's paying $300p/mo for the Internet.

But do they say how much ‘throttle’ will be applied???   If I have 60mbps down I’m not thinking that a throttle is going to be, say, down to 1.5mbps.  If they throttle me down to 10-20mbps I’m still good to go. 

15 hours ago, RickS said:

But do they say how much ‘throttle’ will be applied???   If I have 60mbps down I’m not thinking that a throttle is going to be, say, down to 1.5mbps.  If they throttle me down to 10-20mbps I’m still good to go. 

They throttle to 2 gb or 1gb depending on the plan you sign up for according to their website. Check on this page under Politica de Uso Justica

No, I don't know the package, but you can go to the TelCel service centre at the mall on the libramiento and find out. It uses cellular technology, so there is no modem: it is "wireless". Any device that has a WiFi receiver will work, like a tablet or laptop. At the price my customer was paying, for that speed, it's way more than a backup.... I would use it for the main service.