Chapala.com Webboard

Can anyone help me with a TMobile "no borders" telephone?

I had one for several years that worked perfectly no matter where I was, until four little thieves at Mega Bucerias ripped my purse off my body. Now my nephew has sent me a new one, same phone number, and all I get is the message "Not registered on network". TelCel can't help me. Help! I need either a savvy grownup or a five year old!

hi Camille.  My husband i have had tmobile for 8 years and the past 4 years here permanently.  It works here.  You just have to:

dial #766# then "send"

then turn off the phone for a few minutes then back on. They told me that redirects it to one of the cell towers here.  If that still does not work, you can manually direct it.  I direct mine to the telcel tower.  It is hard to explain here, so if you want to PM me I think i could walk you through it and maybe that would work.  Anyway i am willing to try and help you.  If you want I can send you my phone number.   Or you can call 1-505 998-3793 for international help.   Barbara

Yeah TMobile isn't that great in the USA compared to others but I've kept my TMobile plan because I travel so much around the world and it's really fabulous the unlimited data while traveling around.

The speeds are really slow but I've found it's ok for Google Maps, emails, text messages, WhatsApp and Uber.

Archived