Chapala.com Webboard

Any airline round trip, GDL to Tijuana same day?

I can't get the online booking to show a R/T the same day. Anyone know anything about this?

Also, I'm getting R/T prices with an overnight at US$400+ Seems a lot for an intranational short flight.

Thoughts?

If you can wait a week.....it'll be $250.  If you can wait 21 days, drops to $140.  Last minute airfares are usually high.

Go to kayak.com and play around with dates that might work for you.  Flights I quoted were for same day up and back.

Look for Volaris and Interjet they go every few hours

14 minutes ago, rckrckr said:

Also try VivaAerobus. Usually less expensive than Volaris. 

Actually I will NEVER fly VivaAerobus again.   I flew them twice and HORRIBLE experiences.   Yes, it was cheaper but they were horrible with communication.   My flight got cancelled and it wasn't scheduled until like 15 hours later.  But the worst thing is they gave out wrong information.   They told me to come to the airport and the flight time they told me was wrong.  It got delayed another 6 hours so my family and I were waiting in the airport for hours and hours.   Nobody knew anything.

I fly back and forth with Volaris from TJ all the time and always been dependable and on time.  Yes Volaris is more expensive but I agree with Intercasa.  They are super reliable.

16 minutes ago, rckrckr said:

That's a shame, my experience is the opposite and I fly with VivaAerobus often. I've had your experience with them with Volaris. 

Oh wow. Maybe I just had bad luck with them.   I fly around the world about 100+ days a year on all different airlines and my experience with VivaAerobus was the worst.   Again, I understand that things happen and flights are delayed.  What I hated was the fact that they gave out wrong information, didn't know what time the flight was actually leaving, etc.  If they didn't know they should have said we don't know but they told me totally wrong information, NO information on their website, etc.

I'm glad that other people are having good experiences with VivaAerobus but I'll never give them a third chance. Volaris is so confident of their on-time arrivals they even sell an insurance if you don't arrive on time I think they refund your ticket.  I've never purchased it so don't know how easy they make it for the refund if they are late but I've flown them tons of times and never been late.

I recommend the website Rome2rio.com for any travel questions like this. You can not buy your ticket there, but they will show you all the options and link you to where you can buy a ticket.

On 7/30/2018 at 5:45 PM, Intercasa said:

Look for Volaris and Interjet they go every few hours

Interjet has been called the best low cost airline, baggage allowances are better than regular airlines and senior discounts are given authomaticaly.

Volaris and Viva are the same price as a rule.. Vivaaerobus shows cheaper prices but once you add all the add on they are about the same.. right now they have an 18 pesos ticket to Tuxtla from Guadaljara and Volaris a 850 pesos by the time you buy  the tickets volaris as a few pesos cheaper.. It al depends on how you hit it..

Interjet is more expensive and Aeromexico even more...but better service.

Archived