Chapala.com Webboard

Need glass worker

I worked in a glass shop for awhile and my first question is how thick of glass? The glass your looking for is made but I don't know if its avail here(it normally came in 1/8 inch).  When I made circles, I used a 'circle cutter' but a 3" circle is going to be hard with it. You could free hand the circle and cut it by hand but it more than likely will need to be wet sanded due to it being so small. Diesel fuel will help keep the scoring of the glass cool. If your needing 3/16 or thicker it could prove to be somewhat tricky once again due to the small size but can be done with a wet sander. I don't know anybody lakeside that can make them, hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Oatsie said:

Sergio is a personal friend.  He is a true stained glass artist and speaks perfect English.  Web page:

Aimar Vitrales

Sergio took care of what I needed right on the spot.  He even walked me around the corner to the other glass shop "so they won't overcharge you" to get the right glass since he didn't have it.  Did a great job, a really nice guy.  Thanks for this recommendation, folks.

Archived