Chapala.com Webboard

Hope House suffers severe hail damage

Hope House, the home for abused or neglected/orphaned boys in Ixtlahuacan really got blasted by that hail storm on Friday night.  Photos of the severe damage can be seen here:

https://facebook.com/casahogar.unaesperanza

Please consider helping out, some of the damage needs to be repaired immediately to keep the interiors of buildings from being further rain damaged.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

We're in touch with MaineCoons about getting in touch with Hope House to see about helping out with this extraordinary event.    

Numerous other reports of damage coming in and we're coordinating to send larger than normal deliveries to lakeside for any needed supplies of tubes, etc.

Would suggest solar (and skylight) owners check / have their systems (tubes, panels) checked visually or via the online monitoring systems and to let us know of any questions or needs.

Have Hammers Bingolago to help Hope House raise funds for to fix hail damage. See Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/casahogar.unaesperanza

Bingolago Tuesday Aug 7, 2018 12:30PM at Maria Isabel restaurant HHWT will partner with Sweet and Treats chocolate shop. Where all money raised from chocolate sales go to hope house to help fix hail damage.

Chocolate truffle tasting several free samples to taste for bingo players, Please help make an impact by attending and help the boys at hope house.

Bring a friend and get an extra bingo package free with purchase of one package for yourself.

If it’s your birthday month August get an extra bingo package with purchase of one package.

There will be over 30 door prizes of chocolate.

Bingolago players can use bingo points to purchase chocolate form Sweet and treats to help raise funds for Hope house to fix Hail Damage.

The founders of Have Hammers back in 2008 traveled to hope house by car with woodworking tools to help teach the boys..

See events page

Hope House has about 75 broken solar tubes in total as they have (had...?) 7 systems in operation.      We've been in touch and offered a significant discount and they are very pleased about it.

Their first priority is fixing many broken windows / other glass due to safety and weather concerns, even as they do w/o hot water.

All fund raising efforts are needed and appreciated.

They were looking at a quote of 21,000 pesos plus removal and install costs, vs now being able to do it for 13,500 (about 725 US / 940 CDN) with no added costs.

Go Solar, I will cough up the peso equivalent of 100 USD in hopes of getting the ball rolling. How do I get it to you?

1 hour ago, JayBearII said:

Go Solar, I will cough up the peso equivalent of 100 USD in hopes of getting the ball rolling. How do I get it to you?

And I'll do another $100 USD. That's TWO. Let's keep it rolling, these are a great bunch of kids. 

We're not collecting $$ for this, and some info should be posted shortly on way(s) to contribute to helping Hope House.     Thanks, and feel free to PM with any questions or needs in the interim.

Couple ways this can be handled:

1. Contribute directly to Hope House via Shepherd's Heart Ministries site.  http://shepherds-heart-ministries.org/donate

Be sure and specify donation is for repairing hail damage at Hope House.

2.  Drop a donation off at Hope House if you know where it is.

Note that Go Solar's company, STI, cannot accept donations directly because of tax issues.  They are donating labor and parts at cost here.

Well, Hope House is a bit of a hike for me, and besides, I am sure they are busy with fixing the damage, so I donated via US credit card on the Ministry site, and specified the use as above. That seemed to work fine, except that I had to specify a phone number and the site would not take my Mexican number, so I think my son at my US address in Tucson may get a mysterious thank-you call!

10 hours ago, justsayin said:

Maybe someone could set up a Go Fund Me page? 

Would recommend using MaineCoon's direct link provided above if donating online, as Go Fund Me takes 8% off the top.      The direct link he gave is Paypal, so it is secure and can accept all types of c/cards.

Here it is again:

16 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

1. Contribute directly to Hope House via Shepherd's Heart Ministries site.  https://paypal.com/donate/?token=l8j1XIqSg9Nl9UBjkiE8mrt2YbfF2R0x6F_50MG-AYFGucp-6fLcpdnFOmr07NQcTM0LDm&country.x=US&locale.x=US 

Be sure and specify donation is for repairing hail damage at Hope House.

Drop by the bingo on Tuesday and Ruthie from sweets and treats will take any cash donations and give it directly to hope house,

see events 

Bingolago Tuesday chocolate tasting 12  30, bingo cards go on sale 1pm bingo starts 1:30 pm

Maria Isabel restaurant, 0ld posada.

Ruthie should be there about 12:30 to set up

while your there stock up on your weekly supply of delicious chocolates made by Ruthie.

All profits from chocolate go to Hope house

The bingo will be buying chocolates to give out as door prizes.

Ruthie will take your lose pocket change or bills to help the kids. Every  peso helps

just collected 1500 pesos at Have Hammer Board meeting yesterday from Kelly

Thank you Kelly for the 1500 pesos, will give it to Ruthie today at the 12: 30 at the  bingo,  Donation will help hope house for boys fix their hail damage.

all donations are helpful, either your time or money to help hope house fix hail damage.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mainecoons, long time, no see. I believe the customers on our airstream RV caravan will be visiting this facility in Feb. I will contact them to see what they can bring. I do have a donation of dental supplies if you think they could use that. We also have other caravans visiting other facilities in Mexico. Last season we donated a washing machine & 2 fridges to Hogar orphanage in Chiapas.

Paul

Caravanas de Mexico

Archived