Chapala.com Webboard

Tile Installer

Looking for someone who is a tile guy to finish the work that was started but the tile man we had walked off the job. Seems to be the norm. Any names and numbers would be greatly appreciated.  We are in San Antonio T, already have the tile. What's left to do is no more than a 2 day job at most. It's in the kitchen and its subway tile. Thank you kindly.

Whenever you have someone doing work for you , get it in writing. What is getting done ,  and how much they are charging you.

This what happened to me, just a few days ago. Had living room tile removed and level (stepped down living room). I provided all the materials. We agreed to an agreed  price for his labor, handshake. All fine till it came do the finish what they call "la capa". He informed me that was to be at an additional labor cost.

What I done. I told him no thanks, a deal is a deal. I rather pay someone else to do " la capa"  even if it cost me more,  then to have him finish the job.. I don't like it when they try to hike up the agreed price. I paid him the agreed price and send him off. Im now looking for someone to do " la capa".

Learned my lesson.

Get it in writing !

22 hours ago, Tony321 said:

Whenever you have someone doing work for you , get it in writing. What is getting done ,  and how much they are charging you.

This what happened to me, just a few days ago. Had living room tile removed and level (stepped down living room). I provided all the materials. We agreed to an agreed  price for his labor, handshake. All fine till it came do the finish what they call "la capa". He informed me that was to be at an additional labor cost.

What I done. I told him no thanks, a deal is a deal. I rather pay someone else to do " la capa"  even if it cost me more,  then to have him finish the job.. I don't like it when they try to hike up the agreed price. I paid him the agreed price and send him off. Im now looking for someone to do " la capa".

Learned my lesson.

Get it in writing !

It was all in writing and very clear. I believe he just got another much larger job and used a lame excuse.

• 1 month later...

Archived