Chapala.com Webboard

San Pablito, Puebla

Anyone ever gone to San Pablito in the mountains of Puebla to look at amate mandalas?

If my memory serves me right, I seem to recall that Norm Tihor went there quite a few years ago to take some photos. He works on the inof desk at the LCS and you could contact him through them.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Alfa, for your response.  But, I hate to break it to you, Norm has never been to San Pablito.

14 hours ago, bmh said:

An artisan from San Pablito will be at the Feria de Los Maestros del Arte in November

Oh, wonderful. I`ll keep my eyes open. How did you learn this?

I am part of the Feria. Check their site. They have hs phone number and you can ask if he makes them or if he knows someone who does. You are better off sending an e-mail as the signal is bery bad up there so it is tough to get in touch with him. Also it will take several days before he gets to the e-mail.

www.mexicoartshow.com is the site for the feria.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2018 at 10:40 AM, bmh said:

I am part of the Feria. Check their site. They have hs phone number and you can ask if he makes them or if he knows someone who does. You are better off sending an e-mail as the signal is bery bad up there so it is tough to get in touch with him. Also it will take several days before he gets to the e-mail.

www.mexicoartshow.com is the site for the feria.

Does the Feria make a map of where each vendor will be?  Do you know where in the Feria he will be, that is, which row? Thanks.

31 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

You will get a map as you enter the Feria.  The layout is not completely finalized at this point.  The artists are located by tent number and booth number.  He may be tent 12 booth 47.

Rubelio Sanchez Santos:  http://www.mexicoartshow.com/sanchezsantos.html

Thanks! Is this new? i don`t remember getting a map in previous years.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, bournemouth said:

No, it is not  new - we've had maps the last two years I seem to remember.

I have not seen them the last 2 years and no one I have asked  has seen the maps at the feria.  Where were these maps distributed? They were not at the entrance or at the feria table inside the feria.  I would like to see a map this year.  Would anyone be able to tell me where to get one at this year`s feria? Thanks.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

There is a local artist, Wayne Stevens, (although the website says Austin TX) who collects, commissions and creates Amate artwork.

http://artinaustin.com/

Thanks, Chillin, I am aware of Wayne`s work.  It is very beautiful, accomplished and inspiring and it is very cool that he is working with amate.  Thanks for reminding me of it.

Archived