Chapala.com Webboard

Need pet friendly hotel Los Mochis or Navojoa

elpind

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, elpind said:

Help. Looking for hotels that will accept my dog, about 20 lbs.  My internet search has found nothing.  Navojoa is preferable. TIA!

This is a very funny story. 

When we lived in Ajijic years ago, we were driving to the states, with our 13 lb poodle.  We were about 1/2 way to the border and tried to find a pet friendly hotel.  We drove up to a Hampton Inn, I think, and the guard came out and said, no perro.  So we kept searching.  I know, I know, we should have gotten a room in advance. Not being able to find a room, and it was getting dark, we went to a restaurant parking lot, took the clothes out of the small suitcase, put the small dog in the suitcase and my husband, checked into the Hampton Inn, while I waited in the car.

The guard kept following us while we parked, because he knew we had the dog.

Then we rolled the dog in with our other suitcase, went to sleep, rolled the dog out in the morning. The guard couldn't figure it out.

Perfect little quiet dog.....

No flames, plz

Just a funny story. Dog is at the rainbow bridge, so no longer an issue with finding a room in Mexico!

Yes Best Western Navoja. In los Mochis, El Dorado hotel (which is quite posh) allows pets. They took my 2 large labs. I suspect they cater to people that come to go duck hunting.

Archived