Chapala.com Webboard

Ticketmaster

weezie

I just purchased tickets to Cirque De Soleil in Guadalajara in Sept. online and have discovered I have to go a Ticketmaster location in Gdl to pick up the tickets up to 48 hours BEFORE the show.  They won’t hold them at Will Call the evening of the show.  Does anyone know the closest Ticketmaster outlet near Ajijic?

Second for Liverpool at the Galerias Mall. Galerias Mall is easy to find and there's lots of parking. Ticketmaster is on the third floor in the section against the far wall from the escalator, then to your left. Be sure to take the form that was sent to you from Ticketmaster, the credit card that you used to purchase the tickets and an I. D. They accepted my Visa for I. D., but I had my passport with me just in case. I took along a couple of friends and we made a day of it.

• 4 weeks later...

This has been a real pain for me as well.  Sweating the fact that I lost the credit card that I bought them with....okay, just because I don't want to be lost in Guadalajara, is there just one Galerias Mall?  Also, Al Berca, did you mean that you can purchase event tickets at any local travel agency, or that you can pick them up at any local travel agency.  Thanks for info so far

I stopped at Charter Club and was told they couldn't buy tickets from TicketMaster.  So I went to the Mega store across the street from Guad. Home Depot, paid for the tickets in cash and received them.  They wouldn't accept any card except a CitiBamamex credit card.  TicketMaster must be getting a heck of a kickback from CitiBanamex cards because the interest on their cards is somewhere around 65%, which is usury in my book.  The closest TicketMaster is somewhere between Tlajomulco and the airport, out in some little pueblo.

1 hour ago, Beebee said:

This has been a real pain for me as well.  Sweating the fact that I lost the credit card that I bought them with....okay, just because I don't want to be lost in Guadalajara, is there just one Galerias Mall?  Also, Al Berca, did you mean that you can purchase event tickets at any local travel agency, or that you can pick them up at any local travel agency.  Thanks for info so far

I used Viajes Travel in West Ajijic. Chose my seats from those still available using computer showing all seats in arena. Paid for the tickets and picked them up day or two before event. They did go through Ticketmaster, which I couldn't figure out how to do,  so there was the Ticketmaster premium added to the ticket plus about 50 pesos for each ticket for the travel agency. Not the first time I have used them. Always successful whether paying cash or using credit card.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to pick up tickets at Liverpool in Galerias Mall.  They have their own booth on the top floor by the elevators.  It WAS a hassle because I lost the credit card I used to buy them but after about an hour, we got it straight and I got the tickets.  Basically an entire day wasted.  

Archived