Chapala.com Webboard

More car questions

On 7/21/2018 at 9:36 AM, Helainemorrow said:

Hi All,

If you are living in Mexico on a temporal visa, can you buy a Mexican plated car?

Yes!   You will need a proof of address locally in your name however.   

Personally I would, with very few exceptions, NEVER buy a used car in Mexico.   You can buy a new March or Kia for under 10K USD.

For your personal safety and protection my advice would be for you to buy through S&S Auto!

2 hours ago, El Cartero said:

Yes!   You will need a proof of address locally in your name however.   

Personally I would, with very few exceptions, NEVER buy a used car in Mexico.   You can buy a new March or Kia for under 10K USD.

For your personal safety and protection my advice would be for you to buy through S&S Auto!

Second that, especially about S&S.  Another good thing is that they will take care of your annual registration for a low fee.  When we bought our Honda Fit in 2010 through them, we were able to order exactly what we wanted and it wasn't as inexpensive as a Kia or March, but well worth it since it's been completely trouble free since then.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:43 PM, RVGRINGO said:

Hi Helaine, Good to hear from you & that you are going to move back. I wish we were able to move back too. Now, straight from the chatboard:

Yes, you will be able to buy a car in Jalisco as a Residente Temporal, with the CURP that INM will give you & will show on your visa card (but you will need to print from the online government source), and maybe even an RFC tax number frolm 'Hacienda'.

B&L

Last year to register a car in Chapala, in addition to the CURP we also needed an RFC.  

Archived