Chapala.com Webboard

Realtor Referrals for Renting out apartment long term?

I just finished furnishing and decorating my property in Zapopan.  I'm interested in renting it out long-term.  Does anyone have any trusted realtors that they know that specialize in that?   Also, what are the typical commissions that the owner needs to pay a realtor for finding a long-term lease tenant?   Any other comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, definitely I agree about specialization based on neighborhoods.  I'm just amazed that it's this difficult to find someone with all the technology out there.   Realtors here don't seem to spend any money on Google Adwords based on certain areas as much as other places I own real estate.

Zapopan is a big place.  Very different markets inside and outside of the Periferico and to a lesser extent north versus south of Lazaro Cardenas.  First thing is to determine who is doing business in your neighborhood.  The web sites Casas y Terrenos, Propiadades dot com and Inmuebles 24 list a lot of rentals.  Look up the rentals in your area there and see who is handling them.

Have you tried the agency or agent you bought the property through? I would think they would have a suggestion or two.  Ignore this advice if you bought FSBO.

2 hours ago, earlyretirement said:

Yes, definitely I agree about specialization based on neighborhoods.  I'm just amazed that it's this difficult to find someone with all the technology out there.   Realtors here don't seem to spend any money on Google Adwords based on certain areas as much as other places I own real estate.

For all the brickbats and criticism aimed at the local Realtors ###, (and I have heard that the group does have differecluties within its organisation)...... Compared with the Guadalajara Realtors, Lakeside is well organised and has  a decent MLS site

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

For all the brickbats and criticism aimed at the local Realtors ###, (and I have heard that the group does have differecluties within its organisation)...... Compared with the Guadalajara Realtors, Lakeside is well organised and has  a decent MLS site

Having just gone through the process of buying an apartment in GDL I can assure you lakeside7 if anything is understating how much better it is here.  That  market is an absolute snakepit of exaggerated claims and bald faced lies, game playing to avoid paying co-op commissions, extremely difficult and time consuming to find out what is for sale and a ton of fraud. 

By comparison we have it very good here.

I was very lucky to have been referred by the local Century 21 office to an office up there an an agent, Karen Julieta Carrea Cabrales of Century21 Continental who was absolutely up on her game, knew how to spot the frauds and has worked tirelessly to complete a very difficult transaction.  I would suggest you start with her in looking for a rental agent but again it depends on where your property is located.

3 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

There is no MLS for rentals however.

Thanks everyone.  I found a realtor.  I decided to go with Sotheby's which seems to have the highest end luxury rentals.  My property is higher end so I wanted to go with a good agency.   I found out that the commission on a long-term rental is 1 month's rent for the commission.

Thanks.

Archived