Chapala.com Webboard

Banning Straws, Plastic Bags and Styrofoam in Jalisco

Ferret

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Is there or can there be enough " cassava root starch and other natural resins"  so that the 'More than one million plastic bags are used worldwide each minute"  can be produced? 

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I wasn't suggesting that it be done that particular way for the whole world. I was suggesting that alternatives are possible and that this was an example.

Oh. We were going to have a party to celebrate the great news. 

Well, we had the party anyways. hahaha

2 hours ago, Tiny said:

Oh. We were going to have a party to celebrate the great news. 

Well, we had the party anyways. hahaha

At least others are trying to offer suggestions, if not a complete solution.  Have you got any suggestions, Tiny, or do you just want to put down everyone else's ideas?

2 hours ago, suegarn said:

At least others are trying to offer suggestions, if not a complete solution.  Have you got any suggestions, Tiny, or do you just want to put down everyone else's ideas?

14 hours ago, Ferret said:

It can be done.

When Ferret said "It can be done", I thought he was saying that it can be world-wide. Sorry, I tried to make a joke.

No, I don't have any solutions. I just have to keep using cloth bags at the store, provide a homeless man plastic bottles and glass for recycling, and provide plastic bottles and bags for arts and crafts at a children's hospital for the kids and parents. 

9 minutes ago, Ferret said:

That is a great step in the right direction Tiny. And I'm a she. And sometimes I'm a shee-it 

hahaha Sorry. I didn't realized I did that. Ok, in the future no more "she" or "he", just "that person".

It will be against the law to have plastic swizzle stick, too.

kilofly Rhinestone Party Stir Bar Spoon Value Pack, Set of 4

$12.99

kilofly Rhinestone Party Stir Bar Spoon Value Pack, Set of 4

(With an external compartment for used swizzle sticks)
LIHIT LAB Pen Case, 9.4 x 1.8 x 3 inches, Black (A7552-24)

Wood Stirrers 150 Pack

$4.34
Economy Kitchen Accessory Wood Stirrers 150 Pack

OK, I won't mention them any more; at least until tomorrow, when it will be 112ºF in Tucson.

Now, I will go to the kitchen and get a homemade oatmeal cookie, with rasins.....Maybe two of them.

:P

Archived