Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex down load increased

dencol

dencol, I too went to the $389 package several years ago when it offered up to (HASTA) 10Mb/sec down.

When using my computer screen, I can enter my modem and see what the speed is set at that is sent to me

Ancho de banda (ascendente/descendente) 

Or 0.638 Mb/sec up, by 12.542 Mb/down.

638 / 12.542

spacer.gifI do not get that fast, but living, according to Telmex, 1070 meters from where I am connected to the internet (DSLAM card) I should be able to get 85% thereof.  And I am very happy that I get about 10.2 Mbit/sec down by about 0.5 Mbit/ up.

Some places in or near Chapala are able to get more than 20 down by about 2 or 3 up,

I went to your link and I think when it said 100 minutes Lada that this meant long distance to the US and Canada and about 48 other countries. If not I would need to increase my package to $499 pesos per month where it would be unlimited again.

Either way it is a very good deal, especially if you get the faster internet speeds, something that may happen in the future in my area in a year or three or six :) 

You are correct Pete. I missed the LADA completely. Hadn't heard or seen that word in a long time. Remember when you had to buy a "LADA" card to use the phone booths for long distance? Always ran out of money on it in the middle of a phone call?

Yes, these rates are a very good deal... but 100 minutes long distance over the course of a month isn't much if you have family NOB. I'd rather pay the extra 100 pesos ( about 5 U.S. dollars) and have the unlimited choice.

14 hours ago, Ferret said:

Just so you know that the 389 peso package is limited on the number of calls to both cell phones and landlines. It also does not include any calls that are long distance to Canada and the U.S.

http://telmex.com/web/hogar/aumenta-tu-velocidad

Is this a recent change? I have the 389 package and had unlimited international calls. I made way more than 100 minutes of calls to the States as recently as last billing cycle and there were no charges. 

Apparently it is a recent change. I just upgraded today to the $499 package, just in case. Also, with all of  the competition just maybe, I will be able to get a little faster speed than the 10 Megas I am getting now. This upgrade would give me up to 30 Mb/sec down were it available from Telmex lakeside, which it is NOT, where I live, but they said I might get a very slight increase in my speed.

With all of the competition, I bet things will slowly get slightly better. But No, I do not expect to get anywhere near 30 Megas any time in the near future.

Xena, just be warned and watch your bill. As with all things Telmex, what they say and what they do can be very different. Perhaps that's for new customers only. Quien sabe. I'm still slightly ticked that they kept charging me for the 999 peso deal when it really wasn't available for quite a while. Rest assured that any changes will be to their benefit and not yours.

4 hours ago, Xena said:

Is this a recent change? I have the 389 package and had unlimited international calls. I made way more than 100 minutes of calls to the States as recently as last billing cycle and there were no charges. 

I believe you are "grandfathered" in, or whatever they call it these days. So you will still get the same services until you call and change plans.

Recently had a telmex service appointment. The serviceman said the line was good outside and the problem had to be in the house and then left. Telmex no longer services within the house, again.

I recently beat Telmex out of a new modem after we were down for a week... Unfortunately, I have gone from 5-6 mgb download to 4-4.5.

Any thoughts on how to get back up?

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

Recently had a telmex service appointment. The serviceman said the line was good outside and the problem had to be in the house and then left. Telmex no longer services within the house, again.

This was the BS they gave me over the course of seven months and many visits. Did they follow your line to ALL the connections outside? Up to the top of poles and in the various small junction boxes? I highly doubt it because it took too much effort. My problem ended up being a corroded connection in THEIR junction box, at the top of a pole, around the corner from my house. A simple cleaning of the wires and a new connection made it work.

I don't expect you to climb up there but you may want to follow that line from the ground and see where it connects in various places. And those small junction boxes are neither secured nor weather proof. Anything and anybody can access them freely. Suerte

Archived